S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Mohs surgery

Old 04-25-2019, 11:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky View Post
Took a couple pics of the wound after the surgeon did his thing, but they were blurry. I have plenty of time to take a couple more if anyone is dying to see it. Wound is about the size of a nickle, maybe twice the width of the bump. One thing I can't do is go in the pool for the whole time of healing, so about three months. Pool water is full of bacteria and harsh chemicals which would be bad for healing. So...maybe latter half of summer.
I took the bandages off today. Looks like I've been in a fight. C'mon MsP Show us some leg.

fltsfshr
Old 04-25-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

OK, here is my leg a couple of weeks after my derm cut off the bump and before the surgeon did his slice. Exciting, huh? Looks like an old leg with age spots. He did say it was not a bad case. The stats are 50% clear after the first slice, 85% after the second. I was happy to be among the 50%.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM

It is very important to not have a scab form on the wound. Which is why I have to change the bandage every day and put Vaseline on the wound to keep it moist and promote skin growth. I let the bump get a scab because I knew it was going to be cut off. No can do this time around. Maybe I should buy stock in Unilever and Johnson & Johnson.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky View Post
Lovely... No stitches for me. They don't put them on the leg since they can pull out. So I guess that is why the leg takes longer to heal. I haven't been in the sun much in years. I was a sun worshiper in my younger days. So not sure why one popped up now. I did get a burn on my lower legs last summer in France while sightseeing in cropped pants. I'm thinking that may have precipitated it. But who knows...
I had surgery on my chin for cancer that took 42 stitches to close. The hole in my chin was the size of a quarter. I don't post pictures of anything that gross.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:59 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY View Post
I had surgery on my chin for cancer that took 42 stitches to close. The hole in my chin was the size of a quarter. I don't post pictures of anything that gross.
DAMN, RAY!! That's a shitload of stitches! Thank you for not sharing the photos. How does it look now?

^12-31-2013. This was after the freeze on the spot I was concerned about. It should not have been frozen first but it should have been biopsied from the start. This was my first squamous cell cancer and I learned not to let a spot I thought was bad to be frozen first. Shave/biopsy it first!

^1-16-2014. It looks innocent enough but I knew it was different from the other sun damage I own. I lived in the sun naively, like most of us did who were born in the 40's or 50's or 60's.

^1-16-2014. I didn't look but had the nurse take the photo. What the hell? A tiny pin head dot to this!?

^1-18-2014.

^1-18-2014.

^2-2-2014. Healing. I was not happy at all with the "surgeon". He complained that my skin was thin. Duh. Deal with it. One of the stitches ripped through during healing.

^4-25-2019. Not bad but my other two squamous cell cancer removals are just pink dots.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 PM

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Patricia, I often wonder when you are going to show pictures of yourself coming out of the womb? I've had some C removed from my chest and the absolute last thing I thought about was where the hell is my camera. I know I wouldn't want to have to face you in court .. .. for anything, cause you'd have a digital record of it.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:40 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
Patricia, I often wonder when you are going to show pictures of yourself coming out of the womb? I've had some C removed from my chest and the absolute last thing I thought about was where the hell is my camera. I know I wouldn't want to have to face you in court .. .. for anything, cause you'd have a digital record of it.
Yeah. When you live alone and have a shitty memory you take a lot of pictures. It's the only way I know what has happened to me.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:41 PM

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
Yeah. When you live alone and have a shitty memory you take a lot of pictures. It's the only way I know what has happened to me.
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
Old 04-25-2019, 11:27 PM

Well, I don't have to post my open wound pic since Patty did it for me. Mine looks very much like the one above except smaller and perfectly round.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:47 PM

This will make you count your blessings. I was sitting in the waiting room at the surgeon's office when a woman walked in slowly and sat down. She started to use a stylus on her phone. I then noticed she had artificial forearms/hands. I looked down and she also had artificial legs. I had never seen anyone with four artificial limbs. She had a bandage on her upper chest, I guess from the surgery. Wow...

Last edited by MsPerky; 04-26-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Mohs surgery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands