S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Morris says Goodbye (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/morris-says-goodbye-1216635/)

Morris 07-13-2023 11:48 AM

Morris says Goodbye

To all of Dean's forum pals, it is with deepest sorrow that I tell you he passed away on July 6th.

Dean underwent a procedure to place a stent in his bile duct to try to keep it functioning. During the procedure his heart stopped. They withdrew the instruments and resuscitated him, but during that time his brain did not receive enough oxygen. He was in ICU for 4 days before waking up. His brain damage affected his speech and some mobility initially. He stayed another 4 days in the hospital and then was transferred to a rehab/skilled nursing facility because he was showing some improvement (Dean ever the fighter). However by July 4th it was obvious he was losing the battle against his cancer and he passed away on the 6th.

Dean was the light of my life, my better half, a man I truly love deeply. I know he enjoyed 'chatting' with you all and he would want you to know why he is no longer contributing to the forum. I'm not familiar with any of this forum stuff so if you think this should be posted elsewhere, I would really appreciate it if someone would do that for me.

Please tell a joke or give a toast with glass in hand in his honor.

Fondly,
Jeanne (his wife)

Lainey 07-13-2023 11:52 AM

Oh, Jeanne, I'm so sorry to hear this. I totally enjoyed "conversing" with Dean on this forum. His absence was noted and he was sent a few personal messages through this website. I also tried emailing him.

Please accept our deepest sympathy. He will be missed. Thank you for letting us know. :brokehrt:

fltsfshr 07-13-2023 11:55 AM

Jeanne
You have our deepest and most sincere condolences. Dean was a very nice guy. We remember meeting you both. If there is anything we can do. If you set up a fund or have a charity we can donate to let us know. If you ever come to Naples again let us know. I know it must be hard stay strong.
Grant and Susan

kgf3076 07-13-2023 12:00 PM

My deepest condolences.

Vadster 07-13-2023 12:00 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I had a little bit of interaction with him on this forum and remember him. Again, my condolences. :(

buckeyesue 07-13-2023 12:19 PM

Dear Jeanne,

I am so sorry.

Throughout the years, I fondly remember Dean’s many contributions to these forums. I had also corresponded with him a few times by private messages.

I had been missing Dean, and I did send him a private message recently to tell him that we were all missing him, and caring about him.

Please know that we are thinking of you.

Sincerely,
Sue and Dennis

Emil St-Hilaire 07-13-2023 12:20 PM

We are sorry for your loss,our deepest and most sincere condolences.

S2KRAY 07-13-2023 12:24 PM

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. You have my deepest sympathy. I never met him but I enjoyed reading his posts. We lost a close friend a few weeks ago and we know how difficult it has been for his wife. May he RIP.

Honda 367 07-13-2023 12:38 PM

I am sorry for Dean's passing. My condolences.

MsPerky 07-13-2023 12:46 PM

This is truly sad news. :cry: Dean struck me as someone who was making lemonade out of lemons with regard to his cancer battle. He was a valued member of the forum and will certainly be greatly missed. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and the family.

Is there a link to an obituary where we can check for donation wishes? I am sure many of us would like to remember him in some way. Thanks for posting. It must have been difficult. :heart: