S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Moving to South Carolina

Old 02-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts
Default Moving to South Carolina

Jim and I finally decided to move south. We bought a house in Murrells Inlet, a little village south of Myrtle Beach and just north of Pawley's Island. We closed on the house today and plan to move in a few weeks. We're looking forward to a warmer climate. We loved the house when we saw it the first time back in mid-December, so its a good thing. We were a little surprised to find a Victorian-style home so near the beach, so we took the leap. We totally love the house and particularly love that the very small and private subdivision is surrounded by property owned by Huntington Beach State Park -- no condos!!! We'll be only 1/2 mile to the entrance to the beach and in an area that is a nature preserve which fronts on a saltwater marsh. We look forward to the move, and will be selling our Va house as soon as possible.

These are the only pics I currently have -- more later:

Front of the house:

Back of the house:

We love the vaulted ceilings in the master br and lr and totally love that it has a neat little tower on the side of the garage with a spiral staircase up to a rec room above the garage. This house met all the criteria we had for "we'll move if we find all these things". It has a two car attached garage, 3 br, 2-1/2 baths, nice 2 room master suite and I totally love the kitchen. Yall come!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Received 219 Likes on 162 Posts

Looks REALLY nice. Congratulations! Looks big. Oh, and good luck of course.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 PM

Received 905 Likes on 537 Posts

Omigosh, that is absolutely beautiful!

Everything sounds perfect and I am so happy for you and Jim!

I bet you can't wait to move south and get out of the snow! (Haven't you been having a lot of snow today?)

I can't wait to see pictures of the inside, too!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats enjoy it!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Congratulations, Val and Jim. It looks great and I hope you enjoy the weather.

Keep that smore maker handy. You never know who will show up looking for a sugar fix.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having spent a good bit of the fall in Sumter, SC. I can certainly see the appeal of living in that part of the country. The people are friendly, and the pace of life is very appealing. And with the culture of southern cooking, you shouldn't be missing good food too much.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:45 PM

^^ Congrats. How nice is that? Wife and I really like it. You talked about it a while back, now you've pulled the trigger. Is 2800 sqft about right? Enjoy to the max.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 1,400 Likes on 763 Posts

WOW!!! What great news and what a beautiful place. I wish you and Jim the best! Have you sold your other place down there and your place in VA? If not, good luck with the sale(s)!

(Love the seafood joints in Murrell's Inlet,too. Nice bonus.) The only bad thing I can think of is that you will be living close to Carmen.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Congratulations, nice looking home.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by RC - Ryder,Feb 5 2010, 06:45 PM
^^ Congrats. How nice is that? Wife and I really like it. You talked about it a while back, now you've pulled the trigger. Is 2800 sqft about right? Enjoy to the max.
It is a little over 3100 sq ft. The master suite occupies the wing to the right of the front and has a master bath, large closet, sitting/dressing room and bedroom. The stair case goes up from the foyer to a landing/gallery area that overlooks the living room and then leads to the two bedrooms and upstairs rec room.

Interesting tidbit: We found the house on the internet and I called an s2ki club member (Xzanna) who works near the house down on Pawley's Island. She cruised by on her way home from work, checked it out and gave me a full report. We came down and made an offer within a few days. Its my s2ki house.

Another big cheerleader/guidance counselor/friend/confidante and best all round pal has been MsP. Through the negotiation process, etc., she's been uber wonderful. {{{hugs}}}

Carmen will come down south sometime next week (I hope) after we get keys and full access. We're as excited as two kindergartners at recess.

We have NOT sold the house in Virginia nor have we even listed it yet. We'll get it listed as soon as we get out of it.

Quick Reply: Moving to South Carolina