S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Absolutely love my dog Titan but....

Old 09-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts
Default Absolutely love my dog Titan but....

Any parent who's had little kids is familiar with the curse of the brown leg.
Woke up this morning to a nasty mess in our bathroom.
apparently he picked up a GI bug.
We went golfing today for what turned out to be a very long round.
Got home to surprises again.... sigh.
at least it wasn't on the rugs and it's warm enough to open a lot of windows.
He's been housebroken for a very long time but sometimes that's just not relevant.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

Ugggggg. Occasionally Sally throws up some yucky nastiness that is totally revolting. Fortunately I almost never have an issue that comes from anyplace other than her mouth. I'm far more forgiving of her little messes than I'd be with a human.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

and let us remember that Titan is larger than some of the members of the forum.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:05 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Another reason for me to not have a dog! Cats are know to puke, and we deal with that from time to time. Not a fun time at all. If I were cleaning up from the other end, on a regular basis, or even not that often, well I'm not sure I'd even own a pet.

My sister had a nice collie who tended to get digestive issues if upset or stressed. One time the dog stayed with us as my sister and brother in law, who lived in NH, were at his Mom's house....his Dad has passed away. We got up the morning of the funeral to "land mines" in the kitchen. Nope, no desire to own a dog.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,513 Posts

I understand peoples love for animals but for us they just don't work. With my allergies to cats and dogs combined with us being gone so much having a animal just isn't right.

My sister, brother and I always said that my mother treated the dog she got after I moved out better than she treated us! :lol:
Old 09-05-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

We owned a small poodle for 17 years and had "little" accidents like this. She died and we have no plans for another. I saw a bumper sticker and it read "Happy retirement retirement is when the kids move out and the dog dies".
Old 09-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Willing to bet that a 15 year old dog has less accidents than the typical 5 year old Rug Rat
Old 09-05-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

One time my dog (she's to the left) got into the burn pile and ate some old pumpkins or squash. That night she threw it all up in our bedroom. All of it! I have never seen such a gross mess in my life. She was lucky I didn't shoot her for that one.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:21 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

My experience with cats has taught me that they throw up in the worst of places far more than dogs and then there's that litter box issue. Not something I want to deal with. Sally is super great about letting me know when she needs to go out and IF she throws up, I'm understanding. I've been known to hurl a time a two myself. Couldn't imagine my life without a dog as the pleasure derived from her happiness and affection to me is irreplaceable.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:46 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
My experience with cats has taught me that they throw up in the worst of places far more than dogs and then there's that litter box issue. Not something I want to deal with. Sally is super great about letting me know when she needs to go out and IF she throws up, I'm understanding. I've been known to hurl a time a two myself. Couldn't imagine my life without a dog as the pleasure derived from her happiness and affection to me is irreplaceable.
They do tend to in unexpected places. I found a little surprise when cleaning the other day. Thankfully, Thelma usually find a hard wood surface vs the carpet for her issues. I am not a fan of the litter box at all, but I can't picture myself walking around with a baggie of dog pop that I just scooped while on a walk. I guess that explains why there are dog people and cat people....We are willing to deal with "stuff" for the companionship our pets offer, but prefer to deal with some "stuff" over other "stuff."

Quick Reply: Absolutely love my dog Titan but....