S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

New Grist For The Political Mill

Old 10-21-2005, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Grist For The Political Mill

I read with enjoyment but generally do not comment on the many political topics - or topics that turn into political topics - on this forum. I guess what I like about this vint forum is that comments do seem to represent the whole of America, though perhaps with a more liberal twist. I also appreciate the general level of tolerance of each other's views, which is appropriate. There is a lot of "stuff" here, and the author should help put it in context. Nevertheless, your comments might help sort these topics out and contrast the more activist views from those of the larger majority in the middle. Perhaps, we don't need another politically charged topic and thus let this die? Otherwise, perhaps shorter blurps would be indicated to bring in more member participation and to limit lenghty comments on a laundry list of topics. //////////I pasted this off an e-mail//////////

Does Jeff Foxworthy Have Something Here? Bet you stand up and say OH YEAH! after you read this.

I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason. That is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion. I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. I would be "FIRED" immediately!

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English.

My father and grandfather should not have died in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the order" freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know wrestling is fake, but so are movie's and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack his/her little butt when necessary and say "NO".

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me french fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough! GET OVER IT!!! WAKE UP WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A COUNTRY TO WAKE UP TO.

If you are not ashamed of America, forward this to everyone in your address book while you can still do it for free.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:37 PM

I've seen this chain email make the rounds over the past few years. It's been attributed to nearly everyone ranging from George Carlin to Ted Nugent to Charlie Daniels to Andy Rooney to Rush Limbaugh, but this is the first that I've seen Jeff Foxworthy credited. It's a hoax.

Edit: According to Snopes, it first appeared as an essay titled, "I Am A Bad Republican" on the FreeRepublic forum.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:56 PM

The first thing I thought was "snopes" when I saw this post. That, and I agree with it...
Old 10-21-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't like big cars.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:31 AM

Dean said all that was necessary. Though I am a conservative,, this is a rather tacky approach to complex contemporary problems.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 2,986 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Oct 21 2005, 06:45 PM
I don't like big cars.
Me either. I don't like big boats, houses or fires, either.