S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

NFL

Old 01-23-2018, 05:11 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Okay, NE isn't the new Dallas Just a little tired of the St. Tom talk. Foles is not Wentz, nor is Brady, but as I have come to learn this season, the team doesn't have the best anybody (except maybe Wentz), but they have taken bits and pieces from a number of teams to build a solid roster.

Sorry for the Dallas comparison (okay only a little sorry ). It's hopefully will be a fun and interesting game, and I promise to not look at Bleacher Report or any other whacko sites.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

to beat the Pats the Iggles will have to FINISH.

The Seahawks and the Falcons both had the game won but made strategic mistakes that gave NE another chance.

If you do this, The Pats will FINISH you every time.

( maybe the Eagle is the new bird we need)
Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by gerry100
to beat the Pats the Iggles will have to FINISH.

The Seahawks and the Falcons both had the game won but made strategic mistakes that gave NE another chance.

If you do this, The Pats will FINISH you every time.

( maybe the Eagle is the new bird we need)
That has been a hallmark of this team that I have not seen in many tears of Andy Reid nor Chip Kelly, this team actually plays to the end.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:35 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Nick Foles against Tom Brady? Hmm...
Ring number 6.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:07 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
Nick Foles against Tom Brady? Hmm...
Ring number 6.
Don't count Foles out just yet. He came off the bench after not taking a snap all season, played poorly in the last 2 games that meant nothing. In the 2nd game they put in the 3rd string QB at halftime. He played well against the Falcons and much better against the Vikings 300+ yds and 3 TD's and helped the Eagles get to the SB. The Eagles have done a good job of preparing him for these games and have focused on his strengths to keep them in the games. He acknowledged that next year Wentz will be the starter and he will be the back up. And there were 21other guys that had a part in the win. No he is not Tom Brady and never will be but give the guy some friggin credit for what he has been able to do.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:32 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

OK the honest assessment from a Pats fan.
Brady is Brady. He can get flustered and be off his game when he gets surprised by what he is seeing.
For a while... I'm no super football junkie who can rattle off stats but I don't think there are many coaching staffs better at halftime adjustments.
As I said before, the game is 60 minutes. The tripped up Atlanta last year.
Their rhythm and tempo got screwed in the second half.
Brady doesn't have as many really good targets as he has had in other years.
Mitchell, Cook and Hogan might surprise though.
So offense, a solid B+

Defense, it's the stuff of nightmares, bend but don't break, yeah OK but will you F'ing make a tackle... please?
You can ask what do they do well and it's hard to point to anything. but teams aren't scoring on them.... go figure.

Special teams,? yep we got special teams and you can bet on high floating kicks on the 1 yard line. lot's of em.

but preparation, OK I won't exaggerate, it ain't D-day so i won't make that comparison.
It doesn't mean the thought process going in isn't the same though.
This is the 8th trip under Bill B. They aren't figuring out what to bring for the first time, they're executing a finely honed, well rehearsed, plan.
There won't be any surprises. I wouldn't be surprised in Bill had the fire alarms shut off in the hotel to make sure they don't get awoken.
But just to be safe he have the fire dept in the parking lot all night.
There won't be any drunken excursions by wide receivers or down linemen.
"This is showtime, this is what we played for all year. Don't waste the opportunity now."
Bill won't have to set curfew. The players know what they have to do. They have to do their job!!!!!

yeah the Pats will most likely win it. But you still have to play the game.
If you go back and look at all of their SB games under Bill, the actual margin of victory I think has always been small and settled in the last minute or last second, or OT.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:25 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Pats should win. But then again, they were heavy favorites to beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.....twice. So we'll see. With no dog in the fight, I'm just hoping for another classic. Super Bowls have been generally pretty good over the last decade or two, if you ignore Seattle's drubbing of Denver a couple years ago.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:21 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

My cousin has 2 tickets for the 2018 SUPER BOWL, both box seats. He paid $2,500 for each ticket, but didn't realize when he bought them last year, that it was going to be the same day of his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place. The wedding is at Temple of God Church at 3pm. Her name is Michelle; she is 5'6, about 135 lbs, good cook, and loves to cuddle... she'll be the one in the white puffy dress!

Levi
Old 01-24-2018, 04:44 AM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

Old 01-24-2018, 05:58 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

I don’t have a preference here. But if I were betting, the money would be on Brady. Nobody is better. Those precise passes in the second half were with a damaged throwing hand! And Foles, well he is getting more comfortable in there, but no.

Still, I’ll probably be yelling for the Eagles, even though I don’t quite get the “ —Nation” thing. It’s not like it’s the Redskins or the Chiefs!!

Quick Reply: NFL