S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 10-23-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

It IS a beautiful shot.
Not to rain on your parade, but it looks fake. Why is the wake going outwards on Both sides?
Old 10-23-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,617 Posts

The photographer's web site Zenfolio | Fred Johns | Nature and Wildlife | touchdown
The following users liked this post:
jukngene (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

All great inspirational photos! I need to get off my butt and go out and get some decent shots. Work is destroying all my fun social time!

Old 10-23-2017, 08:36 PM

Received 4,927 Likes on 2,987 Posts

Don't ever let work get in the way... I never did.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Morris
It IS a beautiful shot.
Not to rain on your parade, but it looks fake. Why is the wake going outwards on Both sides?
It's possible there is some photo shop involved here....maybe a bit of cloning of the wake, or something along those lines. Maybe not. There are very few impressive photos that haven't had some editing done to them. I saw something along the way that National Geographic or a type of news agency was only accepting photos shot in jpeg, not RAW and the editing allowed to said photos was extremely limited. Cropping, a touch of lighting, etc. My editing skills are limited, so maybe one of these agencies will hire me.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, it is a beautiful shot, Gene.

Lainey...According to this article and a few more: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...es-and-ethics/

National Geographic‘s editor in chief, Susan Goldberg, has published an editorial in which she reaffirms the magazine’s commitment to keeping “photography honest in the era of Photoshop.”

“National Geographic now requires that photojournalists submit their accompanying RAW files of the JPEG images they send in, allowing the magazine the examine the original, untouched pixel data captured by the camera.”

“If a RAW file isn’t available, we ask detailed questions about the photo,” says Goldberg. “And, yes, sometimes what we learn leads us to reject it.”
Old 10-24-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Yes, it is a beautiful shot, Gene.

Lainey...According to this article and a few more: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...es-and-ethics/

National Geographic‘s editor in chief, Susan Goldberg, has published an editorial in which she reaffirms the magazine’s commitment to keeping “photography honest in the era of Photoshop.”

“National Geographic now requires that photojournalists submit their accompanying RAW files of the JPEG images they send in, allowing the magazine the examine the original, untouched pixel data captured by the camera.”

“If a RAW file isn’t available, we ask detailed questions about the photo,” says Goldberg. “And, yes, sometimes what we learn leads us to reject it.”
Yes, that's what I was thinking about...that's for doing the research and clarifying it for me. Photoshop can create some really spectacular images but the key word may be "create". The images may not portray the reality.

My editing skills are limited. Still not shooting Raw or using photo shop or lightroom, these things may be on the retirement bucket list. On Sunday I went up in the Observation tower at the reservoir. The windows are some kind of plexiglass and were rather scratched and spotted, a few were pretty nasty but I took a few shots anyway. When I got home I reviewed them...most of them were pretty lousy, but I did manage to save this one. It had quite a few spots on it, almost like sensor dust, A little cloning, and it did become a presentable image, though who knows what I will do with it down the line. Here's the after. Maybe National Graphic will want it? I have the before I home.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Here is a family pic from our dinner out the other night - SIL, nephew's older daughter in her Belle dress, nephew, his wife, yours truly, and the +1 holding the younger daughter. She has become his little buddy. So cute!!

Old 11-04-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Wow...the owl is very
Old 11-04-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 784 Likes on 434 Posts

Wow... Stunning. The obligatory, what lens did you shoot with and how tightly cropped?

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X