S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 01-10-2019, 09:10 AM

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Patricia, that is a great group photo. Nice to hear you had a really enjoyable time.
Thank you, Dave.

Originally Posted by tof
Nice family pics, Patty. Good looking canine family members, too.
Thank you, tof. Since this next generation hasn't had any kids yet, dogs are their kids.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:26 AM

Received 1,402 Likes on 763 Posts

^Love the doggos!
Old 01-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene
^Love the doggos!

^1-9-2019. Luffy, Jack, Nami and Logan.

They are pretty entertaining and don't cry like babies do. Top right is one-eyed Jack, a German Shepherd Andy and Carolyn rescued in Cali after the last of our four shepherds died (Kyras, Whiskey, Vector and Rogue). Jack's a love now but took a lot of work to get there. They take him everywhere with them.

The bottom dog on the right is Logan, one Christa's boyfriend, Erik, adopted in Sacramento, years ago. He was trying to hump Kyle and Jen's cat, Light! I never saw it but Erik was highly embarrassed. Light is being held by Kyle in the family photo. Light is unpredictable if Kyle and Jen aren't in the room. He's attacked me, Ricky, Erik and multiple others. My leg was dripping blood when he got me in Mountain View, CA, and Ricky had to get on anti-biotics because his elbow was infected from the bite. I pet the heck out of Light, when they are present. He's super soft!

The other two dogs are Luffy, on the left, and Nami on the right, Kyle and Jen's Colorado rescues that they got as puppies. Luffy is a big mellow love who goes to Google with Kyle on occasion. Luffy just hangs out at Kyle's desk and gets treats from other employees. Google encourages it and has treat stations for dogs.

^12-16-2017. Goggle in Boulder had an open house and the family all went. See the chain to keep Luffy at the desk. The top drawer of Kyle's filing cabinet is toys for Luffy.

^12-16-2017. One of the bark stations at Goggle in Boulder. There were jars of food and treats but I didn't get a photo of that. Oh, my!

Last edited by Kyras; 01-10-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 AM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Good on your family for all the rescues.

Forgot to mention the sweaters. Loved those, too.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:26 PM

Received 4,928 Likes on 2,988 Posts

Damn, I miss having a dog!

We are looking forward to a summer that we do not have to arrange our lives around a dog (sitter, etc.). I must say the house is much cleaner but we both love dogs too much to go too long without one. I would get one today if not for the need to give Donna a break after months of preparing home-made meals, etc. for our golden.

We watched several hours of the AKA show last week trying to get some ideas on what to get next. We've had golden's for so long we can't figure out what smaller dog to get. We had great difficulty trying to get our 85 pound golden into our vehicles for trips to the vet, etc. after she reached the point where she had to be picked up all the time. We are not getting any younger so something half the weight would work. A border collie sized dog would be good (we've had one of those before; once was enough). We don't really want any small dogs (we had a maltese once; once was enough). We most likely will just get a rescue dog and hope for the best.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Damn, I miss having a dog!

We are looking forward to a summer that we do not have to arrange our lives around a dog (sitter, etc.). I must say the house is much cleaner but we both love dogs too much to go too long without one. I would get one today if not for the need to give Donna a break after months of preparing home-made meals, etc. for our golden.

We watched several hours of the AKA show last week trying to get some ideas on what to get next. We've had golden's for so long we can't figure out what smaller dog to get. ...
​​​​​
I am not ready for another dog right now because I don't have a fenced yard and I travel to California too often by plane, but I do think I'll get another German Shepard some day. I see some very cute dogs come through the Larimer Humane Society which reminds me of their loving nature and tempts me. They are so different from cats! I am a bonifide cat lady at this stage of my life.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:17 PM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Dogs have owners.
Cats have staff.
Old one, I know. But so true. I like them both. Right now a cat works for us.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by tof
Dogs have owners.
Cats have staff.
Old one, I know. But so true. I like them both. Right now a cat works for us.
Exactly! I love that dogs love us and are happy to see us but their neediness can annoy me, like when the l-o-n-g German shepherds won't get out of the way. I am the happiest with a somewhat needy cat which is a lot less needy than a normal dog. Right now I'm living with two rescue cats and neither one of them will sleep on the bed unless I'm taking a daytime nap. I want one right there when I'm going to sleep at night so I can pet it and hear it. A cat's purr slows my breathing and relaxes me. They have food, water and their cat boxes at all times so I can sleep as late as I want, unlike the sheppies I had who had to be let out and feed.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:51 AM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

At least your son has good taste in football teams
If I had to caption the dog on the box it would say "tonight you will pay this indignity."
I love rescuing dogs but some of the shelters have turned this into quite an enterprise.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
At least your son has good taste in football teams
If I had to caption the dog on the box it would say "tonight you will pay this indignity."
I love rescuing dogs but some of the shelters have turned this into quite an enterprise.
Yeah, my kids were raised never watching football. We were all off-road motorcycle riders always away on weekends, and not into any sports that involved a ball. My son loves the Patriots, his wife is a Packers fan, and my daughter goes to all kinds of live games.

What do you mean by "some of the shelters have turned this into quite an enterprise"? I know the prices charged for rescue dogs is high at Larimer Humane Society. The most expensive cat/kitten is $150 but puppies can go for $500.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X