Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X - Page 146 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

 
Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM
  #1451  
 
Kyras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 35,797
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by boltonblue View Post
At least your son has good taste in football teams
If I had to caption the dog on the box it would say "tonight you will pay this indignity."
I love rescuing dogs but some of the shelters have turned this into quite an enterprise.
Yeah, my kids were raised never watching football. We were all off-road motorcycle riders always away on weekends, and not into any sports that involved a ball. My son loves the Patriots, his wife is a Packers fan, and my daughter goes to all kinds of live games.

What do you mean by "some of the shelters have turned this into quite an enterprise"? I know the prices charged for rescue dogs is high at Larimer Humane Society. The most expensive cat/kitten is $150 but puppies can go for $500.
Kyras is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:29 AM
  #1452  
 
Kyras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 35,797
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default


^1-9-2019. I added this one for the dog, Nami, showing her sweater. She was stiff and didn't move much when it was put on her.
Kyras is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
  #1453  
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Smalltown
Posts: 55,294
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Since we are talking clothing, look at the new Tshirt I bought myself in honor of my retirement. I will wear it on my first official day of retirement, and after my Y class and social hour, maybe I'll go out with my camera, just because I can.
Lainey is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:21 PM
  #1454  
 
Kyras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 35,797
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
Since we are talking clothing, look at the new Tshirt I bought myself in honor of my retirement. I will wear it on my first official day of retirement, and after my Y class and social hour, maybe I'll go out with my camera, just because I can.
Kyras is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 PM
  #1455  
 
dlq04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Mish-she-gan
Posts: 29,316
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Does it come in another color?
dlq04 is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:41 AM
  #1456  
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Smalltown
Posts: 55,294
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
Default

A few depending on vendor. Amazon had best price free shipping with prime but fewer colors than other vendors
Lainey is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:06 AM
  #1457  
 
boltonblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: bolton
Posts: 21,464
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
What do you mean by "some of the shelters have turned this into quite an enterprise"?
yep 500-600 for a stray dog. New England has a very high adoption rate.
So they actually bring them in by truckloads.
You meet a volunteer at a rest stop for your dog....
I think it is mostly to avoid a quarantine law that mass has for out of state dogs coming into the state.

boltonblue is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:58 AM
  #1458  
tof
 
tof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 8,758
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Perfect T for you, Lainy.
tof is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:36 AM
  #1459  
 
skunkworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver Metro Area
Posts: 1,797
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post

^1-9-2019. I added this one for the dog, Nami, showing her sweater. She was stiff and didn't move much when it was put on her.
A great series of family photos, Patty.


skunkworks is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:49 AM
  #1460  
 
Kyras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 35,797
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by boltonblue View Post
yep 500-600 for a stray dog. New England has a very high adoption rate.
So they actually bring them in by truckloads.
You meet a volunteer at a rest stop for your dog....
I think it is mostly to avoid a quarantine law that mass has for out of state dogs coming into the state.
Larimer Humane Society brings dogs in too, from reservations in Oklahoma and New Mexico, I think. They spend a lot of money to fix some animals in need of dental work or surgery so they make up for it on the dog adoption fees.

Larimer Humane Society available dogs

^This minute's dogs range from $100 to $500. I am all for adopting dogs but when/if I want another dog I may go to a breeder. $500 for a mix seems high when I really want a German Shepherd.
Kyras is online now  

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands