S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 02-21-2019, 10:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Nice tree! It sort of reminds me of Charley Brown’s little Christmas tree....
Old 02-21-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 2,986 Likes on 1,661 Posts

^2-20-2019. Such a love machine cat at the Larimer Humane Society! He was initially put in a cat colony (large group cat kennel) but then moved to a cat suite all by himself. He was crying non stop. I had a list of six cats to visit but after seeing three of them, I went into Ramone's suite and sat down with him. He was all up in my face, purring and rubbing on my chin. He was the most affectionate cat I have visited in ten months of volunteering. Ramone was loving on me but then taken into a visit room and adopted. He was in the adoption area less than 2 hours before he found a home. The story on him is that his owner lives in an area that requires cats to be indoors, (unlike where I live, outside of the city limits). The cat was brought to the shelter and the owner had to pay fees to get the cat back. The cat got brought in again since the owner didn't keep it in the house, and the owner said he didn't want to pay the fees to get the cat out, so he let the shelter keep it. The woman who adopted Ramone is the mother of a Client Services Representative which makes me happy. I'll be asking the rep how the cat's doing with her mom.

^2-20-2019. Well, hello there, fellow!

^2-20-2019. Instant lap cat, and face cat.

^2-20-2019. This is manx, JJ. He's not a people cat but he does loves treats. Same day, different cat.

^1-30-2019. JJ during my first 30 minute visit with him in a room. I take him out of his cat condo into a visit room so he can move around more. Notice the background room? That's one of the cat colony rooms. There can be six cats in there and they have a cat door to go outside on their own catio.

Last edited by Kyras; 02-21-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ I thought maybe you were going to add to your menagerie.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ I thought maybe you were going to add to your menagerie.
You know I was thinking about it! I was really glad he got adopted so quickly.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:40 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Manx (manxs?) are true hunters.

We had one called Gizmo. From time to time he would attack Sandy's feet and legs when she was getting dressed in the morning, to the point where I had to come to her aid with the water sprayer bottle.

One time our next door neighbor brought him over. Gizmo was a little nicked up but nothing serious. He had crawled up into the engine bay of the neighbor's car. The neighbor discovered this when Gizmo limped out from under the car after it was started. My neighbor was beside himself. He thought the fan had cut off Gizmo's tail. He was much relieved when we explained that Gizmo was a Manx and didn't have a tail.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by tof
Manx (manxs?) are true hunters.

We had one called Gizmo. From time to time he would attack Sandy's feet and legs when she was getting dressed in the morning, to the point where I had to come to her aid with the water sprayer bottle.

One time our next door neighbor brought him over. Gizmo was a little nicked up but nothing serious. He had crawled up into the engine bay of the neighbor's car. The neighbor discovered this when Gizmo limped out from under the car after it was started. My neighbor was beside himself. He thought the fan had cut off Gizmo's tail. He was much relieved when we explained that Gizmo was a Manx and didn't have a tail.
^ JJ is very alert to his environment. He's constantly looking around to see other cats if he can. He acts like string toys are annoying. I think he'd love to be outside. After I had him out in a room I saw another volunteer visiting with him and JJ was on her stretched out legs. I told her he doesn't want to sit on me. She said she got him there by putting treats on her legs.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:31 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

I've never heard of an HOA dictating if a cat could be outside or not...truth be told, I'm now in favor of that. I HATE it when the neighbor's cats are stalking the birds on the bird feeder. I don't want to harm the cats, but Rick is now "locked and loaded" with a nerf gun, hoping a few hits with a soft foam "bullet" will scare them off. Right now, the cat is still winning. Next up the Super Soaker.

I know Thelma would have some fun outside but she's only allowed to be an observer. My birds are safe and so is she. I had more vet bills when I allowed our two previous cats to be indoor/outdoor cats.

Back on photo topic. It was cold and snowing on Monday, but I headed out for a bit. Here's a couple of shots from our local reservoir. Winter photos, exposure settings uncertain, fingers cold.....but hey I didn't stay inside!

Old 02-22-2019, 09:30 AM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

The HOA idea is not bad. I've found a black cat sitting under our deck watch the birdies.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:33 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

There are times I would like to get Titan a pet cat.
I was thinking a maine coon.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
There are times I would like to get Titan a pet cat.
I was thinking a maine coon.
^This!

I mean, getting Titan a cat, not the Maine Coon part. If you're serious I suggest a shelter or humane society cat, not a pure bred. Titan won't give a shit. Many times but not always, the shelter has some information how a cat will get along with dogs because if it's owner surrendered the owner can supply the shelter with background information. You'll want a cat that gets along with dogs or else a kitten who has no set prejudice. Jerry, how familiar are you and SWMBO with cats? They are like dogs in that they definitely aren't the same and have their own personalities. My four current cats are all very different. My best-cat-ever, Zoro, was like my best-dog-ever, Kyras. I doubt any cat or dog will ever come close.

Last edited by Kyras; 02-22-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X