S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Old Cars

Old 08-28-2017, 05:59 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Handsome truck. Want to sell it? No, I suppose not.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:39 PM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Handsome truck. Want to sell it? No, I suppose not.
Mike you are too kind. The cab is totally rust free. Only the bed has rust, and its 100% because of how it was constructed - damn you Ford! It is impossible to prevent it if you live in MI. So, rather than waste money on a repair the best option is to go south . . . not as far as you but half way, and get another bed. I never owned a truck before 2008 but honestly I've no idea how I got along without one for so long. I bought it with the idea of picking up car parts, big heavy car parts, but now I find I can't live without it. Its the total opposite of small sports cars that I loved all my life (like Rob) but at this stage I'm all in for another if the need arises. The little British cars will still lead the list of 'must have's' . . . since everyone's knows the wife, try as she did, to the point she had no feeling in her legs on a trip across the country, could not ride in the S2000! Otherwise the S2k would be in the garage beside the MG. And the truck in the other garage!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by tof
I can't find the cruise control on my old Accord.

Oh...wait.
You don't need cruise to show of that gem at car shows.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:19 AM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Dave, Sandy had an old Nissan Hardbody for six or seven years a while back. When it finally gave up the ghost she replaced it with a low millage Toyota Camry that provided excellent commuting service until it was rear-ended by an SUV. But always missed the pickup and frankly I missed having such easy access to a beater truck. So when she replaced the Camry, it was with a 2011 Ford Ranger that had been in fleet service and thus came with complete detailed service records. Simple, clean, and a very welcome addition to the home fleet.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper
Maybe you should buy a Honda.

Our fleet is all Honda, (except the kit car), and consists of a 2003 S2000 (70K miles), a 2004 VFR800 (34K miles), a 2005 TSX (160K miles), and a 2010 Civic (55K miles). With the exception of the motorcycle, they have all been rock solid so far. The VFR has had some electrical issues and left me stranded once recently. The only big repair on any of them was a recent clutch on the S2000 due to all the autocross abuse. We've started looking for a replacement for the TSX, but are not in a big hurry because it has been so reliable and still looks great inside and out.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by tof
Dave, Sandy had an old Nissan Hardbody for six or seven years a while back. When it finally gave up the ghost she replaced it with a low millage Toyota Camry that provided excellent commuting service until it was rear-ended by an SUV. But always missed the pickup and frankly I missed having such easy access to a beater truck. So when she replaced the Camry, it was with a 2011 Ford Ranger that had been in fleet service and thus came with complete detailed service records. Simple, clean, and a very welcome addition to the home fleet.
I really don't know trucks other than my own. Is the Ranger a mid-size truck? Or smaller? I was glad to get mine back today. My mechanic is an hour down a busy e-way but the stop for a couple Smithwicks eased the trip.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

The Ranger is a mid sized pickup. I also have a 2011. It comes in handy when I need to haul something but I do wish it was a full size at times.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 2,766 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I really don't know trucks other than my own. Is the Ranger a mid-size truck? Or smaller? I was glad to get mine back today. My mechanic is an hour down a busy e-way but the stop for a couple Smithwicks eased the trip.
Any excuse for a couple !! But maybe you don't even need an excuse. It's not like you have to head back to the office or anything.....
Old 08-29-2017, 06:49 PM

I might as well finish up my short story.. Sunday... problems with 3 old cars .... Tuesday night ... all the problems are solved. The new distributor arrived via UPS this afternoon and with 10 minutes I knew it would work, fitting like it should. In less than 1/2 hour I should have it on the road tomorrow. So MGs good, F150's good, and Subi's good. Time to wash the Audi and sell it. I said that 2 months ago. I can't remember what I started out asking but reality has set in, so I'm now asking $13.5 and hoping for $12.5; I've been offered $11.5. Honestly, if it wasn't for my bad ankle I'd buy it and think I stoled it. Quess I'm too attached to it but its either as good as I know it is or I've got friends and neighbors who are just trying to humor me. Where's that Michigan snow when I need it? That will sell it, according to my neighbor. Come Sept. I plan to spend some money and 'hype it and push' it on AutoTrader. Come Oct. its going back in the heated garage if not sold.

PS: Lainey I never pass up a good Irish pub with fresh Smithwicks on tap. Boy, I wish we had one in town, closest is where I stopped - almost 3/4 hour away.

Last edited by dlq04; 08-29-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:36 PM

Received 1,412 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
PS: Lainey I never pass up a good Irish pub with fresh Smithwicks on tap. Boy, I wish we had one in town, closest is where I stopped - almost 3/4 hour away.
Only have to drive 10 minutes to get a fresh Smithwicks or a Guinness here, Dave. Nice Irish couple opened this pub about 7 years ago. Home / Contact Info - Sheridan's Irish Pub

Quick Reply: Old Cars