S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Old guy needs help

Old 02-20-2019, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old guy needs help

Yes I qualify as a Vintage Owner and need some help. AP1 owner since 2012, but new club member with somewhat limited computer skills.
Questions:
How do you PM someone, tried other day and got no response.
Is there an administrator one can contact directly for questions.
When you post an Ad, does it need to go to a specific category.
When you post and want to add pics I assume that you use manage attachments, and then use your browser. Is there a limit to how many pic's
If I post under Ohio, does it only show up there....
Is there a Way to log on directy to Ohio or Vintage, any extra fee's
How do I find out who an officer or board member for my area ,in case I want to participate in local activities
When I go to the S2K Site My user name and password comes up automatically, but that password is invalid when I enter current password ,Site opens up. How do I correct this, and how i log out Completely, so that when open web site , I need to enter user name and password each time. Current logging out before leaving site.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:40 PM

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Hi there, Mike2002. I would love to help answer your questions but I'm 61, long time retired, bought my first of three S2000s in 2001, and I can only handle two questions at a time. Oh, and I'm using my cellphone right now with one finger to type and had a few glasses of wine. I'll try again tomorrow morning. Seriously. Welcome!
Old 02-20-2019, 11:46 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike2002
Yes I qualify as a Vintage Owner and need some help. AP1 owner since 2012, but new club member with somewhat limited computer skills.
Questions:
How do you PM someone, tried other day and got no response. Click on their name and a drop down menu will appear. Click on send user a pm
Is there an administrator one can contact directly for questions. There used to be a whole forum for that. Something like Ask A Question. Is it gone?
When you post an Ad, does it need to go to a specific category. Yes, the for sale forum. I think you have to be a paid member. Read the site rules.
When you post and want to add pics I assume that you use manage attachments, and then use your browser. Is there a limit to how many pic's. There may be a limit per post, but you just put the rest in the next post. Sounds like you are trying to sell something.
If I post under Ohio, does it only show up there.... Yes
Is there a Way to log on directy to Ohio or Vintage, any extra fee's Yes, but that is more with your computer than the site.
How do I find out who an officer or board member for my area ,in case I want to participate in local activities The CO used to be named n the area (regional) forums. Not sure if they still are.
When I go to the S2K Site My user name and password comes up automatically, but that password is invalid when I enter current password ,Site opens up. How do I correct this, and how i log out Completely, so that when open web site , I need to enter user name and password each time. Current logging out before leaving site. I don't know
Answers are next to your questions above. Gene will probably come by and give you more specific (correct) answers. He lives for stuff like this.
The following users liked this post:
Mike2002 (02-23-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 05:06 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike2002
Questions:
How do you PM someone, tried other day and got no response. Hold your mouse over their name, a drop down box will give you the option to send a private message.
Is there an administrator one can contact directly for questions.
When you post an Ad, does it need to go to a specific category. Not sure, there is a marketplace, or your regional forum may have a specific thread. You have to be a member to sell stuff.
When you post and want to add pics I assume that you use manage attachments, and then use your browser. Is there a limit to how many pic's Click the little image icon when posting a response, you can upload from your computer, but file size is limited. It seems posting photos taken on a phone or ipad is a bit easier. You must be a member to have a gallery/album, (I think) The gallery has been problematic.
If I post under Ohio, does it only show up there.... What happens in Ohio stays in Ohio
Is there a Way to log on directy to Ohio or Vintage, any extra fee's Old people are creatures of habit. We may all have different ways of logging on to a specific forum on the site. I have a bookmark for Vintage which takes me right there, then I have the option to log in or no.
How do I find out who an officer or board member for my area ,in case I want to participate in local activities There should be a Community Organizer, don't know how to find out who yours is
When I go to the S2K Site My user name and password comes up automatically, but that password is invalid when I enter current password ,Site opens up. How do I correct this, and how i log out Completely, so that when open web site , I need to enter user name and password each time. Current logging out before leaving site . Can't answer this one...
Answered what I could, see above. And Welcome.
Mike2002 (02-23-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 05:15 AM

Received 1,402 Likes on 763 Posts

For detailed site information, go here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/

As Bill said, I can provide some additional information, but it will have to be later.
Mike2002 (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the answers. Some how the login question has fixed itself.....Magic!
Old 02-24-2019, 01:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

You can set a bookmark to vintage.s2ki.com to go directly to the vintage main page and/or ohio.s2ki.com to go directly to the Ohio main page.