S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Outdoor shower - Who has one?

Old 06-24-2019, 03:20 PM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts
Default Outdoor shower - Who has one?

I shower a lot...........I'm pretty stiff, creaky in the AM, so even if I'm going to the Y, I shower first. Then I need another shower when I get home, and if we go out walking when it's hot, yep, I want yet another shower after that.

In the summer, I like the bathroom window open and having the smell of summer and a breeze coming in when I'm showering. (Bathroom windows are pretty common in the older ranch houses, most bathrooms aren't interior rooms).

Anyway, if we had the room in the yard, enough privacy for access and use, I think I'd have an outdoor shower. A few friends have them and love them.

Who among us has an outdoor shower? Maybe they are common in areas with warmer climates?
Old 06-24-2019, 04:48 PM

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,524 Posts

No outside shower here. I am afraid the deer would pee in the shower if we had one!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:21 PM

Received 918 Likes on 542 Posts

No outdoor shower here either. We have deer in our yard, too, so we might have the same problem as Scooterboy...

I think that Lainey is just getting tired of cleaning the shower...and just wants to use a garden hose...

Read some previous posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitadelBlue
After 3 years mine is doing well .... a tip I received from the neighbor who had 3 boys using 1 shower. After each shower, 1)use a squeegee on the glass, wall tile and floor tile, wipe down everything with a dry towel or cloth and run the fan for 1/2 an hour, Since she washed towels daily, when the boys finished drying themselves, they proceeded to squeegee and wipe down the shower. I have a spare wash cloth in the shower and I squeegee and wipe down the shower before I get out and dry myself ......So far we are mold and mildew free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine
I suspect that does work, Citadelblue but I cannot see myself doing all that after every shower. I'd need another shower after squeegeeing all that glass, walls, tile, etc. It may be doable in a small shower, but our master shower is huge. That's just about the routine I use to clean the shower once a week.

Lainey said:

I'm with Darlene. That is way too much work after each shower. I can't believe anyone trained three boys to do that chore after showering...I'm surprised they just didn't shower outside with a garden hose to avoid the work.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 PM

LOL Sue...how did you remember that??
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Lainey, I suppose you could always get a pool to take a dip in.....maybe a 3 ringer.

Levi
Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM

Received 918 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
LOL Sue...how did you remember that??
I have a good memory...just ask goblue...

Well, I had remembered MsP's thread about remodeling her bathrooms because we were remodeling our bathrooms recently, too.

I remembered the discussion about cleaning showers, bleach gel pens, etc, and what CitadelBlue said about how to keep the showers clean.

And...I remembered your comment about the garden hose...
Old 06-24-2019, 05:43 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I've got one Lainey. Come down and see it some time. I don't use it enough.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:12 PM

Nice inexpensive idea, Levi!
Sue, how did remodeling go?

Bill, I'll stop by in August!
Old 06-24-2019, 06:40 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a camping one, just use a bucket and it’s a pump with a hose and shower head, Not sure about one at the house.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by coop
I have a camping one, just use a bucket and it’s a pump with a hose and shower head, Not sure about one at the house.
I'd be looking for something a bit more luxurious if I was able to have one installed. It would have to have doors and real plumbing.

Quick Reply: Outdoor shower - Who has one?