S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Plantar Fasciitis

Old 10-27-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,511 Posts
Default Plantar Fasciitis

I am wondering if anyone else has been bothered by Plantar fasciitis? If so what treatments have you gone through? I am currently going through a bad time with this. I have had four steroid shots with no relief and now the doc is starting a “shock wave” treatment. The pain is only getting worse. I do my stretching exercises and wear good, well supported shoes but by the end of the day I can barely walk. I had my left plantar operated on decades ago and I would like to avoid it if at all possible.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:06 AM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm in to follow on this. I started having problems in the morning about two years ago and now it's lasting all day.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:27 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

It can be a serious problem, especially for runners. I know several people who have had it, including the +1. Let me ask him about it.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:44 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

A product line like ColdCure wraps have been used successfully for knee, elbow and shoulder injuries. They make a compression foot wrap combined with cold therapy which might be worth a try. Search for Kingbrand ColdCure wraps, these follow the R.I.C.E protocol for most injuries.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:02 AM

Received 3,498 Likes on 2,365 Posts

I was diagnosed with a mild case some years ago but in retrospect that may have been incorrect.
I developed gout shortly after in the same area.
Early symptoms are similar. When gout finally rears it's head, it's really painful.
I've got tendonitis in the outside tendon running from the end of he pinky into the ankle.
wore a boot for 3 weeks without relief. IT really screws with my golf game.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:24 AM

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,617 Posts

I've had this once before and have a bit of a flare up now. Fortunately a mild case. It's tight getting up in the AM but it loosens up as the day goes on. I'm not sure if I brought this on by using the wrong kind of sneakers for the new classes I've been taken. I use these in all my sneakers and they make a huge difference. I always replace the innersoles that come with the sneakers with a better one. Flat shoes are a "no no" so toss those ballet shoes, Scoots. Though it generally gets better as the day goes on, sometimes after a class at the Y it's been pretty sore. A little ice and Advil help. I'm also trying a new style of sneaker. Again my case is mild, have not had to seek a doctor. Best advice I have, wear the proper shoes for your activity and get some inserts, if you have not tried that already, and ice it a couple times daily.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:28 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

OK...the +1's case has not been severe. But when he feels it coming on, he rolls a tennis ball under his foot for hours - basically as long as he can - over several days/a week. That works for him. Unfortunately, in severe cases, it's usually rest and no running or no whatever activity is causing it.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:30 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm dealing with it now. Been doing the exercises. Bought Orthaheel walking shoes which have helped a lot. Had the 1st shot a week ago. Initially, I thought the shot was helping, but now I'm not so sure.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:37 AM

Received 695 Likes on 471 Posts

Shots did not help. My Chiropractor fitted me with custom orthopedics and the pain went away soon after. They cost me $350 but well worth it.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:11 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

I have had tendonitis in both feet, left foot once, right foot twice (and a couple of elbows, but that's a different story). I have very flat feet, and have been through two sets of hard orthotics from podiatrists, numerous sets of soft orthotics and multiple steroid heel shots. I got little relief from any of those modalities. Stretching has been the most effective treatment for me over the years.

That all said, my GP tells me that it is hard to "cure" tendonitis and it will generally resolve itself in 6-18 months. That is just one doctor's opinion, but I seem to follow that path with my body. Foot surgery scares me, so I will do almost anything to avoid it.

I hope you find relief, it was a bear for me the last time.

Quick Reply: Plantar Fasciitis