S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Plantar Fasciitis

Old 10-30-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I have found that the arch support in your shoes, sneakers, makes the biggest difference in how the heel feels. Get the pressure off the heel. I place the inserts I buy for my sneakers under the innersole. They made a huge difference the first time around. I'm not sure why I have a little flare going on now, but it's tolerable. I just bought some shoes for work. Earth Origins and the insert says welltek system. I can feel the arch support in them. It feels a bit weird, but ultimately it makes a huge difference. As mentioned, I can't wear flat shoes, not matter how cute they are....

Dave, do you replace your sneakers often? You wear sandals in the summer, do they have some kind of arch support? Rick was just having issue with his feet, I bought him three new pair of sneakers, tossed out the inserts that they came with, replaced them with some from Dr. Scholl's, and his feet are much better.

My nephew is an avid runner and works for Saucony. He recommended an insert that could help if my foot didn't feel better. I'll find out the name in case you want to give it a try.

This is the company:
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/inso...SAAEgK4MvD_BwE
I don't replace my sneakers as ofter as I should but I do use very good arch supports. All of my sandals have very good arch support. I do my stretching exercises regularly and am going to try using the tennis ball tonight. Right now I am at my wits end and am ready to tell the doctor to just operate and get it over with.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

You know Fasciitas means inflammation and swelling. What helps swelling go down? Ice. If you haven't tried the frozen ice bottle, try it for three days and if it isn't better, then try other stuff. 15 minutes, morning and night.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:38 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I was rolling a cold Pepsi can every evening, but found it a pain to keep under control. It wanted to wander and needed constant correction. I started using a tennis ball a few days ago and it seems to be working better for me. Easier to use and I can work with it longer as my foot doesn't freeze.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 4,957 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I don't replace my sneakers as ofter as I should
I think there's a clue there. I sure as heck would try changing them and give them some time before doing anything serious.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:06 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

All I can say is the tennis ball has worked very well for the +1. Fortunately, he has not needed anything else. We will hope it stays that way. He has running friends who are not doing as well.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:48 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I think there's a clue there. I sure as heck would try changing them and give them some time before doing anything serious.
X2!
Rick would buy sneakers...they would be his "dress" sneakers, then they would move to "treadmill" sneakers after that they became "work" sneakers. He hated to wear "good" sneakers to work where they will get dirty, look lousy in short order. The issue here is that he is on his feet all day and the now categorized "work" sneakers were certainly more than a year old. I replace my Y sneakers (2 pair) almost every six months. As soon as my feet start to hurt, I know it's time.

Toss those old sneakers, Dave, get some new arch supports, do the icing thing, and hopefully you will see improvement.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:00 AM

Received 709 Likes on 434 Posts

Sorry you're suffering with this, Scoots. None of the above things (arch support, shoes, insoles, etc.) helped mine years ago. Anti-inflammatory meds, tennis balls, icing, etc. didn't either but the injections worked. They went down between my first and second toes with the needle and voila' after a day or two no more problems.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:32 AM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Sorry for some confusion. I replace the shoes about every 9 months but I replace the insoles with good arch supports and those get replaced about every three months. I have another DR appointment in a week. We will see what he has to say then.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Sorry for some confusion. I replace the shoes about every 9 months but I replace the insoles with good arch supports and those get replaced about every three months. I have another DR appointment in a week. We will see what he has to say then.

I keep mine about 5 times longer than you do.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:37 PM

Received 4,957 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I keep mine about 5 times longer than you do.
With a desk job you don't need them. (couldn't resist)

Quick Reply: Plantar Fasciitis