S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A question for Head Chef/Dave

Old 07-14-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 2,766 Likes on 1,626 Posts
Default A question for Head Chef/Dave

Some inconsiderate older woman did a lousy job parking her car and apparently her passenger did an even lousier job opening her door. We have a small ding on the front passenger side of our S.

Dave, you mentioned you just had some dings removed. Is the ding guy anywhere near the hotel for your Fall Meet? If so, maybe we could make an appointment for a removal for early Friday AM.

Let me know what you think. Here, or by PM.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lainey
Some inconsiderate older woman did a lousy job parking her car and apparently her passenger did an even lousier job opening her door. We have a small ding on the front passenger side of our S. Dave, you mentioned you just had some dings removed. Is the ding guy anywhere near the hotel for your Fall Meet? If so, maybe we could make an appointment for a removal for early Friday AM. Let me know what you think. Here, or by PM. Thanks!
I got a Dingmaster discount card with my S2KCA membership. Used it after a similar incident at Krogers. Lady opened her door into me. When I complained, she said "That ain't no car, It's a Japanese piece of s**t.". Seeing argument was useless, I janked her dentures out and crushed them on the pavement.

Sent by carrier pigeon
Old 07-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Some inconsiderate older woman did a lousy job parking her car and apparently her passenger did an even lousier job opening her door. We have a small ding on the front passenger side of our S.

Dave, you mentioned you just had some dings removed. Is the ding guy anywhere near the hotel for your Fall Meet? If so, maybe we could make an appointment for a removal for early Friday AM.

Thanks!
We've used the Paintless dent repair at our Honda dealer (He used to be there one day a week). Very happy with the work. sad thing is a little later someone else dinged the same car.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Lainey .... Google "Paintless Dent Repair"... It should bring up several, in your area ...!!!
I have used them myself ... Just amazing ...!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Originally Posted by toekneer
Some inconsiderate older woman did a lousy job parking her car and apparently her passenger did an even lousier job opening her door. We have a small ding on the front passenger side of our S. Dave, you mentioned you just had some dings removed. Is the ding guy anywhere near the hotel for your Fall Meet? If so, maybe we could make an appointment for a removal for early Friday AM. Let me know what you think. Here, or by PM. Thanks!
I got a Dingmaster discount card with my S2KCA membership. Used it after a similar incident at Krogers. Lady opened her door into me. When I complained, she said "That ain't no car, It's a Japanese piece of s**t.". Seeing argument was useless, I janked her dentures out and crushed them on the pavement.

Sent by carrier pigeon
I'm sure you are kidding but I had someone do that to me at Cobo Hall in Detroit and I was so mad I kicked in their F'n door when I left.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

Thanks!
May I suggest that you ask Dave to send you about two dozen of his wonderful cookies? After you eat them: You will be in nirvana and will not care about the door ding.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 354 Likes on 217 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1405381613' post='23243823

Thanks!
May I suggest that you ask Dave to send you about two dozen of his wonderful cookies? After you eat them: You will be in nirvana and will not care about the door ding.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Another question for Head Chef/Dave;I Will need 2 new rear tires,Dunlop,Will order them from Tire Rack.
Do you know of a good place to get them installed ,that will take care not to damage my wheels ???
Old 07-20-2014, 01:13 PM

Received 2,766 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Thanks for the PM with ding guy info. I'll be in touch with him soon.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 354 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Another question for Head Chef/Dave;I Will need 2 new rear tires,Dunlop,Will order them from Tire Rack.
Do you know of a good place to get them installed ,that will take care not to damage my wheels ???
Emile, I don't know anyone in Canada. However Tire Rack has recommended installers on their site. There is a place for users reviews there. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: A question for Head Chef/Dave