S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Retirement plan status

Old 03-12-2019, 06:44 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I can't imagine working in that kind of environment, Jerry. My boring old office job had it's perks, I guess.

An announcement has been mailed to our customers and vendors regarding my departure. I just got a call from a long time boat storage customer wishing me well, which was nice. He was one of the few storage customers who didn't drive me totally
How much do you charge for storage?
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 AM

So my plan seems to be in good shape. I'm looking at early to mid June to kick off my summer vacation.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:14 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
How much do you charge for storage?
Enough to make me never want a boat.......
Old 03-12-2019, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
So my plan seems to be in good shape. I'm looking at early to mid June to kick off my summer vacation.
Excellent!! I think we'll have to meet for lunch or something!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 AM

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Anything beats sitting at a desk! Hope the arm heals on it's own and quickly!
saw the Orthopedist yesterday, the “long head tendon” has torn from the shoulder. This is the one that most commonly tears and is typically not repaired. The Dr told me to resume using the arm. The left arm should regain around 80% of the strength it had. It will also have a a “Popeye” look when flexed.

There me is some aching pain still, but that should disappear in 6 to 8 weeks.

Not the best newsbut not terrible either.

Jim
Old 03-13-2019, 04:12 AM

Popeye is a sexy guy. Go with that! Hope it feels better soon!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:16 AM

Climbing the walls in the office. 12 (not counting today) more days to go.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by PokS2k

saw the Orthopedist yesterday, the “long head tendon” has torn from the shoulder. This is the one that most commonly tears and is typically not repaired. The Dr told me to resume using the arm. The left arm should regain around 80% of the strength it had. It will also have a a “Popeye” look when flexed.

There me is some aching pain still, but that should disappear in 6 to 8 weeks.

Not the best newsbut not terrible either.

Jim
What happened, Jim?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:17 AM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
$hit happens in Corp life. I was once promised a very nice raise at a time when we really could have used it but when nothing showed up after a couple months I went to the Personal Dept thinking it was just paper screw up. They so no, they hadn't seen anything. When I went to see the boss about it, he said the budget was tighter than he thought it would be and he had to give my raise to get another employee to relocate to join the team. As I said, $hit happens in Corp life. If he only knew how much that cost him in the long run he would be turning over in his grave..... and that's all I'll say on that - my lips are sealed.
I feel you're pain Dave. I worked for a company for 23 year that was great until new management stepped in. I was offered a 15% decrease in pay and a lower position. I basically told them to shove it, retired, and worked for a wonderful company for 8 more years. Left there, moved to the beach and have never looked back.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:21 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I feel you're pain Dave. I worked for a company for 23 year that was great until new management stepped in. I was offered a 15% decrease in pay and a lower position. I basically told them to shove it, retired, and worked for a wonderful company for 8 more years. Left there, moved to the beach and have never looked back.
Lainey summed up my feelings at the time, "Don't get mad, get even" And, I did. I continued to work for him and got future raises. Eventually worked myself into a position where I was doing a great variety of assignments and was left totally on my own. So all worked out well in the end. Nearing the end of my 32 year career my opinions didn't carry the weight they once did as new younger and more driven managers tried to leave their mark in the corporate world. I could have worked much longer in a cush'y job but figured retirement would be a lot more satisfying and it is. BTW, the boss that screwed me; he got his later in his career when he was put out to pasture early and with no fan-fair.

Quick Reply: Retirement plan status