Retirement plan status - Page 25 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Retirement plan status

Old 01-10-2019, 07:47 AM

Good decision Lainey. Now you will have time to keep the house cleaner. ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, . . Just kidding.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Thanks, all! And Dave, that is TOPS on my list!!!
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Well, you are older than me, so I guess it makes sense that you retire first, Lainey. I have to say that with the health issues I have been dealing with this year, I'm wishing I retired five years ago.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
Well, you are older than me, so I guess it makes sense that you retire first, Lainey. I have to say that with the health issues I have been dealing with this year, I'm wishing I retired five years ago.
Can you change your proposal and get out sooner?

Two of my sisters have had health issues. One dodged a HUGE bullet due to early detection, the other just had surgery for circulatory issues. Both will be fine, thankfully. However we do realize we aren't getting any younger, so retirement it is!
Old 01-10-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
I have to say that with the health issues I have been dealing with this year, I'm wishing I retired five years ago.
If I followed that logic I would have been retired 10 years ago. now I'll probably be working another ten. there are just so many toys.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:14 AM

Congrats Lainey! More time to wander around and take photos!
Old 01-11-2019, 05:44 AM

Congratulations, Lainey!

I'm sure that you will find plenty of things to keep you busy in retirement, more classes at the Y, taking more photos, etc.

I'm sure you will be very happy!
Old 01-11-2019, 06:53 AM

Thanks, Sue. That is my plan so far. I will have no trouble keeping busy in the AM, afternoons can be little outings when weather permits, or I can always clean. Some days I will make a second trip to the Y in the late afternoon if I like the class schedule. Late afternoon before dinner is a dangerous time for snacking if I'm not busy.

One of my photo friends just photographed the snowy owl that comes to our area in the winter. I'm off next Tuesday, hoping it's not too cold to head to the beach.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
the logic and reason mentioned above. The time has come. I have informed the powers that be that March 29th is my last day at work. I'm retiring!! I will have to bite the COBRA bullet for a while, but that is to be expected and we have accounted for that. No world travel plans and that is just fine with us. It will be good to wake up when I want to and do what I want to. Rick has absolutely no regrets with his decision to retire. He has a routine, he is happy and content, and I will try to stay out of his way. We can meet up for dinner at night!

There are many unknowns with retirement, will we have enough $, will one of us get sick and the expenses daunting? However, there is no guarantee of ANYTHING in this world. Life is short. We want to enjoy it for a bit, while we are both (hopefully) in good health. Every day will soon be a Saturday!
Congrats Lainey,

As you know I retired at the beginning of this year. I have no regret so far and will keep busy. What made me pull the trigger is that people have said to me that if I can retire to do it while I have my health, don’t wait till you can’t enjoy it.

All the best,

Jim
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 AM

^
Thanks, Jim.

Happy to hear you are enjoying so far!

Quick Reply: Retirement plan status

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands