S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Road & Track magazine

Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 AM

Received 4,946 Likes on 3,000 Posts
Default Road & Track magazine

Road & Track magazine is changing editors and the publisher, Hurst, has moved it’s offices from its historic home in Newport Beach, California to Ann Arbor, Michigan to combine it in the same building with Car & Driver, as they own both magazines.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Received 3,511 Likes on 2,376 Posts

I'm not sure if it's the beginning, I think it's been headed that way for a while.
This is more of just a signpost along the way.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't realize that they were owned by the same company. I have subscriptions to both.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

More and more we're headed to online mags instead of printed material. I have mixed feelings about that since I enjoy reading things on the printed page a lot more than scanning a screen. The "conservationist" side of me likes that trees aren't being cut down and the atmosphere isn't being polluted to produce paper. But I also think the manufacture of all our computing devices creates its own pollution and destruction of resources as well.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been getting R&T since I was 13...
And Car and Driver is one of my least favorite rags
I'll say this, if they want to continue selling both rags, then they had better keep them as different as they are now
In my Veloster Turbo world I have been saying all along, I will not form any conclusions until I read both a R&T review as well as one by AutoWeek

A quality review of my next car
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...eloster-turbo/
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
I have been getting R&T since I was 13...
And Car and Driver is one of my least favorite rags
I'll say this, if they want to continue selling both rags, then they had better keep them as different as they are now
In my Veloster Turbo world I have been saying all along, I will not form any conclusions until I read both a R&T review as well as one by AutoWeek

Sounds & looks good on paper
Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 AM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

I've been reading and getting subscriptions to car magazines since about the age of 10 and have found the 'big three' of car magazines have gotten worse and worse over the last 10+ years. Presently I get specialty car magazines such as Hemmings Sports and Exotic and Excellence the porsche magazine I enjoy Peter Egan in Road and Track but don't find much interest in the rest of the magazine. Part of it is I'm not really interested in the new cars anymore and I have found other magazines Car and Driver for example have gotten too political with their editorials.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1341332227' post='21830999
Sounds & looks good on paper
I know they could have done more to refine the suspension, but I'm ok with it, I'll mod the chit out of it anyways...
The key is there are just so damnn few non-5-door hot hatches to choose from in this country, and that is the only thing I want for my next vehicle purchase
The CR-Z clearly was not the next coming of the CRX-Si, but in many ways I think the Veloster is

I just really hope R&T can keep their unique identity in tack...
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by robb
I've been reading and getting subscriptions to car magazines since about the age of 10 and have found the 'big three' of car magazines have gotten worse and worse over the last 10+ years. Presently I get specialty car magazines such as Hemmings Sports and Exotic and Excellence the porsche magazine I enjoy Peter Egan in Road and Track but don't find much interest in the rest of the magazine. Part of it is I'm not really interested in the new cars anymore and I have found other magazines Car and Driver for example have gotten too political with their editorials.
For me I still find myself burning with passion for all things new, even the stuff I can't afford, such as the jaw dropping, flat out awesome new Aston Martin Vanquish; OMG!!!

For me though, if I could only get one rag, there is no question what it would be, AutoWeek
Old 07-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1341416315' post='21833603
For me I still find myself burning with passion for all things new, even the stuff I can't afford, such as the jaw dropping, flat out awesome new Aston Martin Vanquish; OMG!!!

For me though, if I could only get one rag, there is no question what it would be, AutoWeek
I am totally hooked on Hemmings Sports and Exotic and have been subscribing for some time.

Quick Reply: Road & Track magazine