S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Morris says Goodbye

Old 07-13-2023, 11:48 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts
Default Morris says Goodbye

To all of Dean's forum pals, it is with deepest sorrow that I tell you he passed away on July 6th.

Dean underwent a procedure to place a stent in his bile duct to try to keep it functioning. During the procedure his heart stopped. They withdrew the instruments and resuscitated him, but during that time his brain did not receive enough oxygen. He was in ICU for 4 days before waking up. His brain damage affected his speech and some mobility initially. He stayed another 4 days in the hospital and then was transferred to a rehab/skilled nursing facility because he was showing some improvement (Dean ever the fighter). However by July 4th it was obvious he was losing the battle against his cancer and he passed away on the 6th.

Dean was the light of my life, my better half, a man I truly love deeply. I know he enjoyed 'chatting' with you all and he would want you to know why he is no longer contributing to the forum. I'm not familiar with any of this forum stuff so if you think this should be posted elsewhere, I would really appreciate it if someone would do that for me.

Please tell a joke or give a toast with glass in hand in his honor.

Fondly,
Jeanne (his wife)

Popular Reply

07-17-2023, 02:15 AM
Legal Bill

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Farewell to the number 1 Joker. Dean was the first to sign in to the site S2000fans, the predecessor to S2ki.com. No matter what number he had when S2ki started, Dean was the first. Shelly (Honda Gal) who started this whole thing always remembered Dean and he was well known by the original administrators of this site. If your S2000 has an S2ki license plate frame, you can thank Dean. Not to take anything away from Shelly, but Dean is the one who proded her and the admins to follow through on the idea of an S2ki license plate frame and many of us received them as gifts when we joined the site as paid members. Dean was independant and very fair minded. He called balls and strikes right down the middle regardless of who was pitching and catching. I saw him call out hypocrisy from all sides, without checking first to see if it agreed with his personal views. He could disagree without being disagreeable and that was, perhaps, the finest quality a person can possess on this, or any other social media site. His sense of humor was dry, to the point, brief and always got a chuckle from me. This site is a lesser place without him. My condolences to his wife, family and friends. Farewell to the number 1 Joker.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:52 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Oh, Jeanne, I'm so sorry to hear this. I totally enjoyed "conversing" with Dean on this forum. His absence was noted and he was sent a few personal messages through this website. I also tried emailing him.

Please accept our deepest sympathy. He will be missed. Thank you for letting us know.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:55 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Jeanne
You have our deepest and most sincere condolences. Dean was a very nice guy. We remember meeting you both. If there is anything we can do. If you set up a fund or have a charity we can donate to let us know. If you ever come to Naples again let us know. I know it must be hard stay strong.
Grant and Susan

Old 07-13-2023, 12:00 PM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

My deepest condolences.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

I am sorry for your loss. I had a little bit of interaction with him on this forum and remember him. Again, my condolences.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:19 PM

Received 919 Likes on 543 Posts

Dear Jeanne,

I am so sorry.

Throughout the years, I fondly remember Dean’s many contributions to these forums. I had also corresponded with him a few times by private messages.

I had been missing Dean, and I did send him a private message recently to tell him that we were all missing him, and caring about him.

Please know that we are thinking of you.

Sincerely,
Sue and Dennis
Old 07-13-2023, 12:20 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

We are sorry for your loss,our deepest and most sincere condolences.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:24 PM

Received 702 Likes on 475 Posts

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. You have my deepest sympathy. I never met him but I enjoyed reading his posts. We lost a close friend a few weeks ago and we know how difficult it has been for his wife. May he RIP.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:38 PM

Received 435 Likes on 313 Posts

I am sorry for Dean's passing. My condolences.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:46 PM

Received 2,593 Likes on 1,569 Posts

This is truly sad news. Dean struck me as someone who was making lemonade out of lemons with regard to his cancer battle. He was a valued member of the forum and will certainly be greatly missed. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and the family.

Is there a link to an obituary where we can check for donation wishes? I am sure many of us would like to remember him in some way. Thanks for posting. It must have been difficult.

Quick Reply: Morris says Goodbye