S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

It's a good time to fish here

Old 05-05-2006, 08:46 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts
Default It's a good time to fish here

If anyones interested in fishing. I know we talked about this earlier but it's been a slow start. There's lots of bait showing up, the tarpon are starting around the cape. 10000 islands are world class hot right now.

Tis time Tis time

fltsfshr
Old 05-06-2006, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears that I'm going to have quite a bit of free time on my hands this summer. If I could find a dog sitter, I would be there in a flash.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man oh man, I really wish there was halfway decent fishing up here. In the '60s-early "70s I used to fish a lot, but never really had much success, other than hooking those teeny bluegill/sunfish. Now that the kids are grown and gone and I'm on disability I'd like nothing more than to find someplace that had reasonably good fishing, and head out from time to time. So far I haven't found anything, and I've been so out of touch with doing this that I'll have to start from square one as far as what to do, how to do it, and where to do it.

flts, I do wish I could come down there and fish with you. That'd be a real hoot, and probably good therapy too. Just too far to go right now, especially with the current health situation.

I might try looking for a charter boat on Lake Michigan and go for salmon/steelhead/etc.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:02 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I grew up fishing on lakes in Eastern NC, specifically the Havelock area, where my late uncle was a member and managed a hunting and fishing camp. One of the lakes there is now named after him (Lake Ellis Simon). We caught mostly bass and perch, and sometimes catfish (hard to get a hook out of a catfish!). I never got that much into casting. I really love just putting a worm on the hook, throwing it into a nice calm spot among the lillypads, and watching the cork go under. And also looking out for all the cool critters like snakes, alligators, turtles, osprey, cormorants, deer, turkeys, the occasional black bear, etc. It was a great life and one I miss sometimes. But the camp isn't the same now. All the kids just ride around on their four wheelers and ignore the water. A shame...