S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Is the S2000 your first sports car?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Not the same type of 'Sports Car'

But my first:

And one that we had when I wasn't driving yet (not the actual car)

Old 05-21-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 354 Likes on 217 Posts

Those are my favorite years for T-Birds 64-66 verts. Beautiful and luxurious. I have almost pulled the trigger on a couple of them! Not sports cars - forget handling, but for cruising in style all day long - can't be beat.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't think it was my first sports car but yeah I suppose it is - based on my current definition and the cars I've owned previously.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Yes

If it is, what made you decide to buy a sports car?
I've always wanted one. In HS. my friend's dad had a Datsun 2000 (awesome car) and a TR6 - sounded great, looked great but was a POS, my friend then got a Fiat 124 (again, a POS) and a Skittles green X1/9 (fun car but an even bigger POS).

What made you decide to buy an S2000?
I have always owned Honda cars (lawnmower, pressure washer) and fell in love with it when it was 1st introduced. However, it was totally out of the question with a young family and limited resources. Last October, while waiting for the Ody to get an oil change, I saw a black S2K in the showroom and told my son that I was going to sit in one for the last time. I was bitten. After that, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Told my wife about this problem that I was having and she said I should get one. Gotta keep the wife happy!

And, now that you've bought it, what do you think of it and sports cars in general?
I love my car. My son calls it my baby. I wash it weekly whether it's driven or not. I can't how many times I have conditioned the leather. When I walk into the garage and look at it, it provides an instant smile. When I drive it, all worries fade away. It's my cure for midlife crisis.

Tell us a little something about your sports car experience.
I need more! I have only put 1,500 miles on the car in 6 months and I still find it a little intimidating. I will be near mid Ohio this summer and may take a driving course at the Honda/Acura school - most of the seat time is in a TSX but there is seat time in an S2K.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:55 AM

Yes First"Sports Car"
I first saw one in a mall parking lot in 03 or 04 and thought now that looks like fun. While surfing the WWW several years later I came across this sight via a link from somewhere. That got me thinking again and two month later 2004 Black has a new happy home. PURR,PURR,PURR.
J.W.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I started with a string of American muscle. I had 2 Mustangs and a Camaro. Got out of cars after I bought my first house. Had a motorcycle and a pick up. A friend showed me his Fiat X1/9 and took me to my first autocross. Two weeks later I had my own X1/9. I went through 4 X1/9s over a 13 year period before getting the S2000.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:56 AM

Yes

If it is, what made you decide to buy a sports car?
I'd wanted a sports car for years, and had actually planned on buying a S2000 in 2000 when they first came out. I got conned out of it, but finally got one in 2004.

What made you decide to buy an S2000?
I had kept my eye on it ever since the HSC concept debuted. When I was finally ready to pull the trigger, I test drove several sports cars, but none of them felt right or put a smile on my face like the S did the first time I hit VTEC.

And, now that you've bought it, what do you think of it and sports cars in general?
I absolutely love it. I may own other sports cars, but I will never get rid of my S. I love sports cars. Always have.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:13 AM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

I consider my S2000 as a culmunitation of all the performance vehicles I have owned. The convertible part reminds me of my first spoerts car a 73 MGB, the high revving engine reminds me of my first sportbike and although it lacks the torque the performance is on par with muscle cars that I have had in the past.
I still love my S2k and do not regret its purchase at all.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes the S2000 is my 1st sports car by my definition..........2 seat, rear drive, convertible

I've had other hot rods,muscle cars and sporty coupes but my 03AP1 was my 1st and now with my 08AP2 I've had my second real sports car

A good friend of 10 years was killed by a drunk driver and I decided life was too short

Besides I passed up a 67 Corvette 'vert back in '76 because my then pregnant wife told me we needed "practical"
Old 05-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Community Organizer

My S is my first sports car. That being said I haven't had many cars before hand (2 civics, one of which I still have, plus access to my grandpa's 89 Sable when I was in high school).

I had always wanted an S from the moment they came out. Being 15 however kept that from happening for a few years . The only thing I love more than Honda cars is my wife so there was really no competition when the funds came available to purchase a sports car. It was all S2K or nothing. Didn't even both to go look at anything else or try to talk myself out of it.

I love it and I will always have one in my garage. It's kinda cool to see how the vintage crew progressed towards ending up with an S. With you guys talking about cars from the late 60's on I can't wait to see what happens in the next few decades.

Quick Reply: Is the S2000 your first sports car?