S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

SF thank you

Old 05-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 4,957 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Just a quick late update: They released her from the ER around 6:30 tonight without any definite diagnosis because all her tests came out negative. We are to see a cardiologist tomorrow, but in the meantime, they gave her some strong pain meds to take as needed.
Hopefully, all goes well and nothing serious.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:32 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

As always, we had an enjoyable weekend at Spring Fling. It was great to see everyone, including meeting the first timers which we hope will be back, missing some of the "old timers" like Legal Bill, Chazmo (even if he leaves his yellow helmet at home), and others, including those that are no longer with us that are sorely missed.

Gene: We certainly hope that Bea is OK and recovering from what ever ails her. Please give her a HUG for us.

Thanks for the cookies to Headchef. As always they are "over the top".

I have only one regret about the week end: I wish that I had listened to the Plant Pixie half way through the banquet and gone out to the car to get "The Hat" to sneak up behind Ken (KGF) while he was talking and placed it on his head as I understand that he missed a turn.

We are looking forward to seeing some of you at the Tom Catt Run in a few weeks, or at S2K Days at the end of July or at next years Spring Fling (where ever it may be).

Thanks to every one for making this enjoyable weekend possible.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to Ken & everyone else involved for yet another great Spring Fling!
That was a good drive, thanks to Dave & anyone else involved for putting it together! And in our group to Gene, Patty & Lainey for running smoothly!

I don't recall the Health Clinic, ambulance ride or evening at the Harrisburg ER in the itinerary. I think we should skip it next year!!!! Although the morphine wasn't bad. Thanks to all who were concerned about my well being. What a great group of people! After all the pain, puking & huge amount of tests it's still not conclusive, could have been food poisoning or peptic ulcers reoccurring---time will tell.
SPECIAL thanks to my wife Pam for her help all evening and to Beth & Carmen for showing up at the hospital to keep us company & for the ride back!!!!!

Thanks to the Pittsburgh gang for babysitting us on the drive home, the last 80 miles or so were tuff. We arrived home around 4:30, unpacked & then I slept for most of the evening.

Time to go back to bed. See a lot of you next month at The Tomcatt!!!

GENE: I hope your wife is well soon!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:07 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ Glad you made it home safely and are recovering. Say hello to Pam for us. Really enjoyed the chat with her and Nancy (Zippy Ken's wife). And you were right - she is a wonderful artist!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, glad to hear your feeling better. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Gene, I hope Bea is ok as well.

Thanks to EVERYONE for a great time!

Glad you liked the drive - thanks for the kind words. Additional thanks to Ken, Gene, and Jerry for testing the route and providing valuable suggestions for improvements. Sam too, for being the perfect tail gunner.

Dave
Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 AM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

As usual it was another great event put together by Ken. We also had a very good time seeing old friends and getting to meet some new ones.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry about the health issues. I hope everyone is doing better today.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What a fantastic weekend! Joyce and I would like to thank everyone for making us feel welcome and comfortable. We were in dire need of an emotional pick-me-up and all of you certainly provided it. The drive was great so once again thanks to all who planned it.

We talked to so many new people and I know that we missed quite a few but hope to make up for that at future events.

Sorry to hear about your wife, Gene. We both hope that everything will turn out fine for her (and thanks for the heads up on the Lancaster Hop Buggy).

Glad that you made it home safely, Bob. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the next Cars and Coffee.

Needless to say, we will be back!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
......to get "The Hat" to sneak up behind Ken (KGF) while he was talking and placed it on his head as I understand that he missed a turn.
ooooooooooh....someone tell us more!

driving at a "less moderate" pace, it's hard to imagine how u could miss a turn on such an easy course?
Old 05-05-2014, 06:41 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ddtt
Glad you liked the drive - thanks for the kind words. Additional thanks to Ken, Gene, and Jerry for testing the route and providing valuable suggestions for improvements. .....

Dave
It was fun to work with you, Dave, but folks don't KNOW how many hours you spent in plotting "way points"; adjusting for road closings and 4x4 tracks that looked like "roads" on Google; putting up with kibbitzing from 3 other guys; but finally ending up with a "drop dead" routing.

The final route must have been the result of 8-10 earlier "drafts" along the way....both virtual and real time.

Quick Reply: SF thank you