S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shootin' the Breeze

Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Shootin' the Breeze

This is the link to the outgoing 'Shootin the Breeze 2012-2013' thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/...2-2013-version/
Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It’s amusing that when I peruse the S2KI forum as an unregistered guest that several times I’ve seen our members promoting such things as "testosterone supplies" within their posts. It always makes me stop and ponder before I realize this is one of S2KI’s advertizing tactics and not an inclusion of our good friends.

gary

Old 01-03-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Here's some breeze...

I went to a dermatologist on Monday, (12-30-13) and told him I was having a squamous cell skin cancer (biopsied on 12-3-13) removed the next day, and that I wanted him to check out all of my skin for other possible skin cancers. The dermatologist ended up freezing about 12 spots which are now blisters. He said that when those spots heal in two weeks I need to use Efudex on my arms for two weeks to kill all the other spots that are pre-cancerous. I've used that nasty cream before and it makes all the cells that are reproducing fast, die and scab over. My arms will look nasty for a month or more.

Then, Tuesday, I went to the doctor, or I should say, a Nurse Practitioner in Surgery at Kaiser, to get the cancer removed. He wouldn't do it because the dermatologist froze a spot right next to the cancer and the N.P. didn't want to cut through it. He said he'll be putting in inside and outside stitches and he can't do it with the blister there. He said the slice will be an elliptical shape that is 2 inches long. Jeez! I thought it would be a little divot, not a two inch long scar. That's what I get for laying out in the sun so much in my teens and twenties. Lainey and Valentine have told me about some of their and their husband's experiences with skin issues over on my facebook page and it's been a help to hear from them.

Good news for me is that I've changed my volunteer day in the hospital surgery waiting room to Monday mornings instead of Friday mornings. Now I'll be there Monday and Tuesday, mornings, and with the Petsmart cats on Tuesday night, so I'll have the rest of the week to go to Kennedy Meadows if I want to. It was hard to get away when I volunteered on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
It’s amusing that when I peruse the S2KI forum as an unregistered guest that several times I’ve seen our members promoting such things as "testosterone supplies" within their posts. It always makes me stop and ponder before I realize this is one of S2KI’s advertizing tactics and not an inclusion of our good friends.

gary
Use Ad Block Plus!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:11 PM

Good luck with all your skin issues, Patty. The dermatologist is not the one doing the surgery? Is it a general surgeon?

I know in our area the dermatologist does her surgeries, but depending on where or how large the lesion is, you can be sent to a general surgeon or a plastic surgeon.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Good luck with all your skin issues, Patty. The dermatologist is not the one doing the surgery? Is it a general surgeon?

I know in our area the dermatologist does her surgeries, but depending on where or how large the lesion is, you can be sent to a general surgeon or a plastic surgeon.
Correct. I was sent to general surgery and the cancer will be removed by a nurse practioner. I called Kaiser and asked about not having a doctor do the procedure and was told that he does these all day long and has lots of experience. When I met him on Tuesday, I felt okay with him.

I found two videos on YouTube that show procedure I'll have. One is the skin removal and the second one shows the stitching up. I won't be watching it happen, that's for sure.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:43 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

So Patty, will you be in sleepy land or just under local during this little procedure?
Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM

Patty, I would not be watching any You Tube videos of pending surgery. But that's just me. I think you have a more curious nature than I do.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
So Patty, will you be in sleepy land or just under local during this little procedure?
It's just a local. It's just a 1/3" circle that will be removed by way of a 2" elliptical. The YouTube I watched looked like the same procedure the N.P. described.

Lainey, I wanted to know what I was in for. I had thought it would be just a small circle so I was a bit shocked when he told me it would be a 2" elliptical.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Good Luck Patty.
Renée,my +1,had things similar to this,rémoved, twice;they did it with liquid nitrogen.

Quick Reply: Shootin' the Breeze