S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sinful & food coma you like

Old 09-27-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 1,191 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Anyone in the Beaux Bridge/Lafayette LA area is asking for a heart attack. The food there is to die for - literally! Glad I was just traveling there and not a resident.

I managed 3 projects in that area and spent weeks there at a time. Gained 5 pounds in one month ... had to step up the running and workouts when I was going there! The best was when I was there during peak crawfish season. I think I ate everywhere I could find down there that had good local food, which is a lot of places. Stayed in Lafeyette just down the road from the Blue Dog .. which rocks!
Old 09-27-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

We went to Lafayette for a family meetup to cheer on the +1, who ran the Lafayette Half Marathon, and we ate our way through town. Really, really good. Lafayette had been on my bucket list for a long time - for the food and the music. We all had a great time. Had not had alligator before - delish.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Donna just wolf'd down a chocolate peanut caramel covered apple! OMG, I'm glad I don't have a sweet tooth. But it had no trans fat and was gluten free. I asked her if she wanted some wine with it - she said that sounds great.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:34 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

About twice a month I indulge this. Take a fresh Dole (it must be Dole) pineapple and core it using a ratcheting tool core tool. Place slices (yes, slice it) of Haagen Dasz vanilla ice cream into a broad bowl and freeze the ice cream in the bowl for not less than an hour prior to final preparation.

Use basic Bananas Foster (Brennan's of New Orleans) ingredients:
Butter
Brown Sugar
Cinnemon
Grand Marnier (instead of banana liqueur)
Dark Rum
Pineapple (instead of banana)
Follow this process:
Brennan's Banana's Foster Recipe | The Chew - ABC.com
Old 09-30-2017, 05:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Anyone in the Beaux Bridge/Lafayette LA area is asking for a heart attack. The food there is to die for - literally! Glad I was just traveling there and not a resident.
LOL!

I'm originally from New Orleans and yep, the food from southern LA in general is spectacularly tasting and bad for you.

+1 and I have learned how to eat with an insignificant taste reduction with a major reduction in the deleterious qualities. It's doable, but restaurants will always be a challenge.

It's my 60th birthday today and we are going to the lunch buffet at Bollywood Bistro. You definitely can't get Indian cuisine in LA! While I miss the food from New Orleans, one of the things I like about NOVA is the breadth of culinary styles available.

We have eaten more diverse food styles in the last ten years being up here than in the previous 50 years of our lives!
Old 09-30-2017, 06:08 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Interesting menu, enjoy your 60th.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Originally Posted by cdubea
LOL!

I'm originally from New Orleans and yep, the food from southern LA in general is spectacularly tasting and bad for you.

+1 and I have learned how to eat with an insignificant taste reduction with a major reduction in the deleterious qualities. It's doable, but restaurants will always be a challenge.

It's my 60th birthday today and we are going to the lunch buffet at Bollywood Bistro. You definitely can't get Indian cuisine in LA! While I miss the food from New Orleans, one of the things I like about NOVA is the breadth of culinary styles available.

We have eaten more diverse food styles in the last ten years being up here than in the previous 50 years of our lives!
Yeah, the DC area has an incredible food scene - so diverse. The only food I haven't found a really good place for is Cuban. Although the Cuban ambassador gave me Mi Cuba Café to try, which is in Adams Morgan. So I'm going there soon. Happy Birthday!
Old 09-30-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Interesting menu, enjoy your 60th.
Thanks! Lunch was very good. Got to try a wide variety of things. After lunch with my daughter and her boyfriend, we went to see the new Kingsman movie. So it was a good day, and it's not over yet!

cheers
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Living this close to New Orleans means every fork is a potentially deadly weapon. And if they ever build a Dunkin' Doughnuts in Long Beach, I won't last a month.

But my personal favorite vice at the moment is Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. Second would probably be beignets.
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-r...astries-planet
Old 10-17-2017, 06:47 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger

Found this video today that sums it up: (Oh...and yes! I attended "plate night.")

Quick Reply: Sinful & food coma you like