S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So disappointing

Old 01-31-2019, 06:34 AM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippy
Reminds me of many years ago, not real long after I got my S. I wanted to personalize my car, my choice was Wet Okole seat covers in a Hawaiian print. I simply can't relate the sheer number of times that I was chided for destroying the "sports car nature" of those seat covers. That started about 19 years ago, and while I haven't been called various silly names in the past 15 years, I do still have those neoprene covers on my "pristine" OEM seats, and I will probably keep them on for the rest of my tenure with the car. The person that added eyelashes has not defiled the car, but has simply made their own. That said, I would probably find it odd at best.
Those seats have become your signature. A couple times you've posted something here that I've mentioned to the wife and she asked who posted that? My response, you know the guy with the Hawaiian seats. Oh, ok, yeah.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:06 AM

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,512 Posts

Reminds me of many years ago, not real long after I got my S. I wanted to personalize my car, my choice was Wet Okole seat covers in a Hawaiian print. I simply can't relate the sheer number of times that I was chided for destroying the "sports car nature" of those seat covers. That started about 19 years ago, and while I haven't been called various silly names in the past 15 years, I do still have those neoprene covers on my "pristine" OEM seats, and I will probably keep them on for the rest of my tenure with the car. The person that added eyelashes has not defiled the car, but has simply made their own. That said, I would probably find it odd at best.
OMG! You should be drawn and quartered.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:41 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Those seats have become your signature. A couple times you've posted something here that I've mentioned to the wife and she asked who posted that? My response, you know the guy with the Hawaiian seats. Oh, ok, yeah.
It's good to be known for something.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:56 PM

One of my favorite stories about the car/people. Way, way back in earliest days we had an owner from the NYC area. He was a nice guy, and came out to all of the crazy impromptu meets. One day he shows up at the first "big" meet in New Hope, Pa. And of course we are hanging out in the parking lot of the restaurant that had been chosen as the meeting place, and of course we all had our hoods up, so that we could see of the shiny mods (okay there still weren't very many mods) but we were sitting with our hoods up. This nice young man form NYC had the underside of his hood plastered with stickers for Spoon, and HKS, and Mugen, and Comptech….well get the picture. Someone asked him if he had the mods from the stickers, to which he replied, No, but I have the stickers. I guess I see the eyelashes along the line of fake stickers.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy

OMG! You should be drawn and quartered.
I think I heard that one.....
Old 01-31-2019, 03:14 PM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

One of my favorite stories about the car/people. Way, way back in earliest days we had an owner from the NYC area. He was a nice guy, and came out to all of the crazy impromptu meets. One day he shows up at the first "big" meet in New Hope, Pa. And of course we are hanging out in the parking lot of the restaurant that had been chosen as the meeting place, and of course we all had our hoods up, so that we could see of the shiny mods (okay there still weren't very many mods) but we were sitting with our hoods up. This nice young man form NYC had the underside of his hood plastered with stickers for Spoon, and HKS, and Mugen, and Comptech….well get the picture. Someone asked him if he had the mods from the stickers, to which he replied, No, but I have the stickers. I guess I see the eyelashes along the line of fake stickers.
It is generally believed that stickers for mods you do not actually have installed on your car yield only 22% of the horsepower gains achieved by stickers for mods you do have installed.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by tof
It is generally believed that stickers for mods you do not actually have installed on your car yield only 22% of the horsepower gains achieved by stickers for mods you do have installed.
Yup
Old 02-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

no offense patty
Old 02-02-2019, 05:41 AM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue

no offense patty
I reached for my phone but then saw the driver was still sitting inside. Didn't want to creep her out.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:59 AM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I agree that eyelashes are ridiculous on an S but I forgive a female for wanting to say a girl owns the car (we assume). I feel more unhappiness when I see rolled fenders. Fake eyelashes come off unlike body alterations.

When I first had my S2000, a 2001 Silverstone, I bought some magnetic flames as a joke. I never drove with them on it but I took photos of the car with them on it and I thought they were funny. I ended up giving them to brantshali for his Miata. I'll dig up a photo when I'm on my PC.

^4-14-2003. At Vasquez Rocks, in Agua Dulce, California, ten miles from my house in Acton, CA.
So glad you removed them. Very tasteless. They would look better on a muscle car or Hot Rod.

Quick Reply: So disappointing