So disappointing - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

So disappointing

 
Old 01-31-2019, 06:34 AM
  #11  
 
dlq04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Mish-she-gan
Posts: 29,303
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Reminds me of many years ago, not real long after I got my S. I wanted to personalize my car, my choice was Wet Okole seat covers in a Hawaiian print. I simply can't relate the sheer number of times that I was chided for destroying the "sports car nature" of those seat covers. That started about 19 years ago, and while I haven't been called various silly names in the past 15 years, I do still have those neoprene covers on my "pristine" OEM seats, and I will probably keep them on for the rest of my tenure with the car. The person that added eyelashes has not defiled the car, but has simply made their own. That said, I would probably find it odd at best.
Those seats have become your signature. A couple times you've posted something here that I've mentioned to the wife and she asked who posted that? My response, you know the guy with the Hawaiian seats. Oh, ok, yeah.
dlq04 is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 09:06 AM
  #12  
 
Scooterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 19,403
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Reminds me of many years ago, not real long after I got my S. I wanted to personalize my car, my choice was Wet Okole seat covers in a Hawaiian print. I simply can't relate the sheer number of times that I was chided for destroying the "sports car nature" of those seat covers. That started about 19 years ago, and while I haven't been called various silly names in the past 15 years, I do still have those neoprene covers on my "pristine" OEM seats, and I will probably keep them on for the rest of my tenure with the car. The person that added eyelashes has not defiled the car, but has simply made their own. That said, I would probably find it odd at best.
OMG! You should be drawn and quartered.
Scooterboy is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 12:41 PM
  #13  
 
Zippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Deptford NJ
Posts: 9,077
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
Those seats have become your signature. A couple times you've posted something here that I've mentioned to the wife and she asked who posted that? My response, you know the guy with the Hawaiian seats. Oh, ok, yeah.
It's good to be known for something.
Zippy is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 12:56 PM
  #14  
 
Zippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Deptford NJ
Posts: 9,077
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

One of my favorite stories about the car/people. Way, way back in earliest days we had an owner from the NYC area. He was a nice guy, and came out to all of the crazy impromptu meets. One day he shows up at the first "big" meet in New Hope, Pa. And of course we are hanging out in the parking lot of the restaurant that had been chosen as the meeting place, and of course we all had our hoods up, so that we could see of the shiny mods (okay there still weren't very many mods) but we were sitting with our hoods up. This nice young man form NYC had the underside of his hood plastered with stickers for Spoon, and HKS, and Mugen, and Comptech….well get the picture. Someone asked him if he had the mods from the stickers, to which he replied, No, but I have the stickers. I guess I see the eyelashes along the line of fake stickers.
Zippy is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 12:57 PM
  #15  
 
Zippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Deptford NJ
Posts: 9,077
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Scooterboy View Post

OMG! You should be drawn and quartered.
I think I heard that one.....
Zippy is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 03:14 PM
  #16  
tof
Thread Starter
 
tof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 8,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
One of my favorite stories about the car/people. Way, way back in earliest days we had an owner from the NYC area. He was a nice guy, and came out to all of the crazy impromptu meets. One day he shows up at the first "big" meet in New Hope, Pa. And of course we are hanging out in the parking lot of the restaurant that had been chosen as the meeting place, and of course we all had our hoods up, so that we could see of the shiny mods (okay there still weren't very many mods) but we were sitting with our hoods up. This nice young man form NYC had the underside of his hood plastered with stickers for Spoon, and HKS, and Mugen, and Comptech….well get the picture. Someone asked him if he had the mods from the stickers, to which he replied, No, but I have the stickers. I guess I see the eyelashes along the line of fake stickers.
It is generally believed that stickers for mods you do not actually have installed on your car yield only 22% of the horsepower gains achieved by stickers for mods you do have installed.
tof is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 03:55 PM
  #17  
 
Zippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Deptford NJ
Posts: 9,077
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tof View Post
It is generally believed that stickers for mods you do not actually have installed on your car yield only 22% of the horsepower gains achieved by stickers for mods you do have installed.
Yup
Zippy is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 02:43 PM
  #18  
 
boltonblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: bolton
Posts: 21,448
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Default



no offense patty
boltonblue is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 05:41 AM
  #19  
tof
Thread Starter
 
tof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 8,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by boltonblue View Post


no offense patty
I reached for my phone but then saw the driver was still sitting inside. Didn't want to creep her out.
tof is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:59 AM
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 5,777
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
I agree that eyelashes are ridiculous on an S but I forgive a female for wanting to say a girl owns the car (we assume). I feel more unhappiness when I see rolled fenders. Fake eyelashes come off unlike body alterations.

When I first had my S2000, a 2001 Silverstone, I bought some magnetic flames as a joke. I never drove with them on it but I took photos of the car with them on it and I thought they were funny. I ended up giving them to brantshali for his Miata. I'll dig up a photo when I'm on my PC.










^4-14-2003. At Vasquez Rocks, in Agua Dulce, California, ten miles from my house in Acton, CA.
So glad you removed them. Very tasteless. They would look better on a muscle car or Hot Rod.

S2KRAY is offline  

Quick Reply: So disappointing


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands