S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sometimes dreams do come true.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 2,962 Likes on 1,648 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper

...Because he's in the R & D section and working on future engines he had to sign a confidentiality agreement. Yesterday he told me he can't tell me about the engines that he's working on but he's sure I'm going to want to buy an new Honda two years from now.

Over the weekend he explored Columbus and made some friends. All in all, things are going very well. He's very happy.
Thank you for updating us, Rob. I'm happy that he's happy and that you'll want a new Honda in two years. Goodie. I can't wait to hear what it is.

How are you feeling, dad?
Old 06-21-2017, 04:32 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Rob, this is a great thread. I think it makes us feel like we all have a son working at Honda now. Thanks for sharing this with us and please continue the updates as you feel appropriate.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Just a quick update (also because I'm very proud of Adam). He has been with Honda slightly longer than a year now. He's very happy with the company and it appears that the company is happy with him. He just got his first review and he was very happy with the results. He wants to grow to the position of Project Manager, and they are letting him take over a small project in order to get experience. All in all, Adam and Honda seem to be a very good match.

Honda closes for the July 4th week, so he is flying out to Reno to spend a few days with his brother, after that he's flying here to spend a few days with us. Liz and I can't wait to see him.
The following users liked this post:
poorshoeless (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Glad to hear Adam is doing great What does his brother do in Reno?
Levi
Old 06-28-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

Just a quick update (also because I'm very proud of Adam). He has been with Honda slightly longer than a year now. He's very happy with the company and it appears that the company is happy with him. He just got his first review and he was very happy with the results. He wants to grow to the position of Project Manager, and they are letting him take over a small project in order to get experience. All in all, Adam and Honda seem to be a very good match.

Honda closes for the July 4th week, so he is flying out to Reno to spend a few days with his brother, after that he's flying here to spend a few days with us. Liz and I can't wait to see him.
You should be very proud of him. I'm sure you and your wife raised him correctly. He seems like a fine young man and I wish him good luck and success in his career at Honda. Enjoy his visit.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:15 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Old 06-28-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Glad to hear Adam is doing great What does his brother do in Reno?
Levi
Hi Levi

Andrew saw no future for himself in NJ and he has a few friends in Reno so he took a chance and moved there. He works for Intuit (Quickbooks) in their risk analysis department.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice story, Day 1 on the job was an interesting insight.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:39 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Good for Andrew, gives you another place to vacation to.
Levi
Old 06-28-2018, 04:31 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Rob,
Please allow an old engineer to pass along some advice. strictly my opinion.
Adam, avoid the dark side. You studied for a long time to learn the things you have.
Practice them for a while. Become proficient and understand why engineering is hard.
Make mistakes, and push the window a little.
Project management really is not all that hard and once on that path if you are halfway good at it, you will not be working as an engineer.
You'll be doing tracking books and spreadsheets and counting labor hours.
You can always make that transition. coming back into engineering once you've gone to the dark side is much harder.
after a few years of program management, you can't come back.

Quick Reply: Sometimes dreams do come true.