S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Spring Fling 2017 - Thanks to Ken and company!

Old 05-07-2017, 04:58 AM

Received 2,766 Likes on 1,626 Posts
Default Spring Fling 2017 - Thanks to Ken and company!

Taking a minute before breakfast to extend our thanks to Ken and all involved for a GREAT Spring Fling. What a wonderful time we've had. The drive route was very very nice, thanks to all who had a hand in the planning. Thanks to Gene, Ken and Matt for leading the way. A little bit of damp on the road did not dampen the fun. Ken outdid himself with the dinner on Saturday night. An old bank building, beautiful atmosphere, and the food was great.

Thanks to Patty for making the trip for Cali and the time you put into the name tags.

We so enjoyed catching up with everyone learning a bit more about Gene's career fabricating products to make my life a bit easier. I guess you had to be there for that one. We are thankful we didn't get tossed out of the lobby the past two nights....fun, fun!

We welcome two new pre-vints, Matthew and his brother David who had no idea what they had signed up for, hanging out for the weekend with folks old enough to be their parents and in some cases grandparents. You guys were great.

Safe travels home everyone, until the next time.
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (05-08-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Agreed. Thanks to everyone who helped to put Spring Fling together and thanks to everyone who attended for making this a great meet.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:07 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Thanks to all the people who make Spring Fling so great and who inspire such great satisfaction for doing in. A special thanks to Scammedon (Brian) for interpreting for me at dinner on Saturday night. That may be the shortest thank you speech you'll ever get from me. Thanks Matt and Gene for leading, and to Roy and Lainey and Rob for making sure we didn't lose anyone, and a special thanks to Patty, I'll never be able to express how much I appreciate the things she does to make this a special event. Some of you I'll see in Gettysburg and some I won't see until Spring Fling 2018, but just remember, all of you are what makes this so special.

Thanks,
-ken
Old 05-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Got home a little while ago. It was great seeing everyone. Elaine and I had a great time.

Thanks to Ken for arranging the event, Gene and Matt for leading groups and Patty for the name tags And Dove Chocolate.

Looking forward to the next one!!!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Back home and the rain has stopped.

Kudos to Ken, Gene, Patty and everyone who made this weekend happen. Was a fantastic gathering of the Vintage clan!

Drive route was outstanding and the Saturday nite dinner at Isabella's was truly classy and very special.

Was great seeing everyone! Nice job, ALL!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:43 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

As always, you killed it. And a big thanks to Gene and Matt for one of the best drives since Ashville!
Old 05-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Other than the weather has to be one of the best events we have attended (not just SF). as always very well organized and the only complaint I received about the mixed breed car was that the lane departure system was screwing up a radar detector

We are not home as we stopped at the Glen Curtiss museum for a plane and motorcycle fix
Old 05-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Ok, ok I'm tired and you will find something like this posted on another thread. Our thanks to all for a great weekend. We arrived home at 5 pm having put 1090.5 miles on the clock. We now have 99,282 and expect to tick over 100,000 soon. It was so good to see those we haven't seen for quite some time, to meet some new members and look forward to seeing the Tomcatt crowd again soon. All the arrangements were excellent. We should just do a repeat, that is, except for the rain but not even Ken can't control that.

Last edited by Tachus; 05-07-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGGIEMAE
We are not home as we stopped at the Glen Curtiss museum for a plane and motorcycle fix
I am impressed; you did your homework on what to see - both coming and going!!!!. I stopped at the Curtis museum with one on my long-time friend's who just turned 92. We were going to the Glen. The insight he gave me as we looked at everything was so great that the workers over heard him and took us into the backroom to show us what they were working on. And he was explaining to restoration crew how and why certain things were done! My friend flew a bi-wing across the US back in the day, and rode a Harley as well, and yesterday he was in his MGB but don't think of him as old. I was with him yesterday and he's been pulling out tree stumps left after having some trees cut down. His wife can't slow him down no matter what she tries.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 2,986 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Thanks to all the people who make Spring Fling so great and who inspire such great satisfaction for doing in. A special thanks to Scammedon (Brian) for interpreting for me at dinner on Saturday night. That may be the shortest thank you speech you'll ever get from me. Thanks Matt and Gene for leading, and to Roy and Lainey and Rob for making sure we didn't lose anyone, and a special thanks to Patty, I'll never be able to express how much I appreciate the things she does to make this a special event. Some of you I'll see in Gettysburg and some I won't see until Spring Fling 2018, but just remember, all of you are what makes this so special.

Thanks,
-ken
I'm in Newark at another Hampton Inn after driving here from Shamokin Dam by way of the Allentown Rose Gardens. I'd like to write something besides just, "Thank you" and "Well done", to Ken, Gene, and Matt, especially. I'm too tired to put much thought into it, though. I had a great time and truly enjoyed seeing my ol' buds and chatting with new ones. I may just have to restock my name tag making supplies for next year, after all.

Quick Reply: Spring Fling 2017 - Thanks to Ken and company!