S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Spring fling......thanks

Old 04-25-2004, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring fling......thanks

From zcar and mrs zcar, we just want to thank one and all for the special event.
Chazmo and mrs Chaz nice meeting and chatting with you good folks at dinner
Old 04-25-2004, 12:31 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Hey, zcar and Mrs. Great to meet y'all, too. Just got home so am winding down.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,107 Posts

I just got in about 5 minutes ago. Spring Fling was a great event. Thanks to everyone for making it what it was.

After I unpack I'll post some of my photos.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here. Special thanks as always to Rick Hesel for putting on this event and all the work he put in to make it such a fine affair. Thanks to Deb and Rob for creating a Vintage forum to have an event for! Thanks to matrix and his +1 for driving all the way from Toronto. It was great meeting you both in person after all this time. (P.S. Thanks for the Creemore's!!! )Thanks to my Ohio brutha's for representing our fine club. Also thanks to Tom and Myra for driving all the way from Wisconsin for the event. Thanks to granny and valentine for keeping me laughing all weekend. Thanks to Bea for letting Gene come. Thanks to Dex for the cheesecake! I'm sure I missed some people so thanks all for making it a great event!!
Old 04-25-2004, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone, because all of you made it memorable weekend.

I don't know how Rick managed it, but I drove through two torrential downpours on Friday and today, only to have the most perfect weather for our Saturday drive that one can imagine.

Special shout out to Nick/NY for the WASABI peas...I killed the rest of the can on the drive home. It was the clearest my head and nose felt all weekend!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 04:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Back at ya', zcar. The +1 and I send you our best. It was really nice to join you for dinner last night (and also to tail you during a good part of the ride).

Best wishes.

Oh, yeah, and thanks to Rick, Rob, and Deb for putting this together, and I understand Matt as well for today's drive (though we didn't participate).

Our drive back was as pissy wet as the one down, but damn Saturday was gorgeous!!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by OhioRacer
.......I'm sure I missed some people so thanks all for making it a great event!!

Nice to meet ya, OhioRacer.... now what was your real name

On a more serious note, thanks to Matt and Deb for the Sequel Drive via Leesburg and the GW Pkwy today

Kathy and I just arrived a few minutes after 8 pm....horrendous traffic on I-95 just into DE....nothing moving Luckily, I have DE local maps....hopped off and only spent an extra 1/2 hour on backrds via Wilmington! Looking fwd to seeing the pics....
Old 04-25-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

everyone,

We had a great time! Rick: Thanks for organizing this event, and we second the motion that we should make it an annual event.

We hope that everyone made it home safe and sound. It was great to see some of you again, and very nice to make some new friends and finally match a face with a screen name.

I hope that the group that went on today's drive to DC enjoyed the route that I laid out as well as the "scenenary"? I hope that it was not ruined by the "shacks" that we drove past. It appeared as though it did not ruin your appetite at lunch.

Best regards,
Matt & Barbara
Old 04-25-2004, 04:53 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 763 Posts

Just adding my thanks and dittos to all the above. I, too, hope everyone made it home safely.

Had a great week-end, and just finished showing the pics to Bea, so she was glad we all had a great time and she remembered some faces from Fall Colors.

Jerry, you should have followed my route home, huh? There was no back-up of traffic on Del Rt. 300, not even an Amish buggy!

I'll post my pictures later. Got some real-life things to do tonight, though.

PS: The Cow-Pies from Wisconsin were great (Thanks, Tom), as well as the two Creemores I had (Thanks, Marco), and the Wasabi Peas (gotta get some more of them...Thanks, Nick & Sue!)
Old 04-25-2004, 04:55 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

A huge thanks to Rick for setting this up - let's do it again next year!

JonasM

Quick Reply: Spring fling......thanks