S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A Staunton, VA Pop-up Drive/Staycation/Soiree

Old 03-13-2019, 04:57 PM

Received 972 Likes on 665 Posts

From Zynodoat restaurant to give you an idea of what dinner on Thursday is going to be: "We will have a soup, salad and 2-3 other app selections in first course, 2nd course will have a ny strip, seafood, chicken or pork, and a vegetarian choice and dessert will have 4 selections as well. The set's are what change regularly as the proteins are much more set and are easier to guarantee. Being a farm to table restaurant, our menus are designed daily based on what we get from our farmers and seafood vendors so that we are serving the freshest products possible. We do not need selections ahead of time. Your guests will arrive and be presented with your menu, and they will be able to pick each selection that night. The price is $55 a guest not inclusive of beverage, tax or gratuity."

Here is a sample menu for another group from earlier this year.

Appetizer Selections

Van Deesel Farm Salt Roasted Beets & Arugula Salad, Fuji Apples, Point Reyes Blue Cheese, Orange Vinaigrette

Autumn Olive Farm Twice Cooked Pork Belly with Benton’s Bacon Braised Cabbage, Brown Sugar Apple Chutney

Prince Edwards Island Mussels with White Wine Garlic Broth, Bacon, Grilled Newtown Baking Baguette

Rappahannock River Fried Oysters with Fermented Fennel, Cajun Aioli Granny Smith Apple & Celery Root Soup with Blue Cheese,Sherry Gastrique

Main Selections

Autumn Olive Farm Slow Roasted Pulled Pork,Bacon Braised Cabbage,Wades Mill White Knighting Grits

Pan SearedAtlantic Sea Scallops with Sauteed Kale & Onions,AM Fog Oyster Mushrooms,Kohlrabi

Puree Polyface Farm Chicken & Dumplings with Herb Dumplings,Carrots & Celery,Lemon Chicken Broth

Seven Hills Grilled NY Strip with Sauteed Turnips & Kohlrabi, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Horseradish Chimichurri

Dessert Selections

Saunders Brothers Apple Cobbler with Vanilla Ginger Ice Cream

Dark Chocolate Torte with White Chocolate Mousse,

Cocoa Crumble Pumpkin Chai Pot de Creme with Biscotti Crumble, Italian Meringue

NY Style Cheesecake with Meyer Lemon Curd
Old 03-18-2019, 08:51 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Ken - I'm up for Dinner Wednesday and Thursday. I'll have to leave right after dinner to get to my hotel in Richmond, as I have my first match at 08:00.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
Ken - I'm up for Dinner Wednesday and Thursday. I'll have to leave right after dinner to get to my hotel in Richmond, as I have my first match at 08:00.
We can head to Richmond together because I have to be back Thursday night myself.
Scott
Old 03-18-2019, 09:30 AM

Glad you're going to make it I'll bring the GoPro sturff for you and you can pay me at the Dragon in May (that way I won't forget to bring it ).
Old 03-20-2019, 07:49 AM

Ken - my boss cancelled my Leave (inspection moved up one week), so I won't be able to make it.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:28 AM

Ken - my boss cancelled my Leave (inspection moved up one week), so I won't be able to make it.
We'll miss seeing you Jamie.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:14 AM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Are you still refereeing in Richmond over the weekend?
Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

Sorry to learn that Jamie.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:19 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

DANG...!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Birdybog

Are you still refereeing in Richmond over the weekend?
Yes. They approved leaving Thursday afternoon.

Quick Reply: A Staunton, VA Pop-up Drive/Staycation/Soiree