S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A Staunton, VA Pop-up Drive/Staycation/Soiree

Old 03-24-2019, 02:26 PM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

So we know what’s going on regarding dinner but is there a tentative route planned? Weather in Staunton looks okay, just cool.
Scott
Old 03-25-2019, 12:15 AM

Received 969 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdybog
So we know what’s going on regarding dinner but is there a tentative route planned? Weather in Staunton looks okay, just cool.
Scott
Of course there's a route. There's always a route. A bit of VA, a bit of WVa, a lunch stop, a trip to Moscow and a return to the hotel. If you arrive before 11:00am on Wednesday, you can go on the maiden voyage of the Staunton Pop-up drive drive.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:14 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

UPDATE - I should know this afternoon if our local Inspection is happening this week. Seeing that the Inspectors (who are remote) have been quiet this morning, we in the office are leaning for next week for the actual inspection.

If that's the case, I'll move hotel up one night, as I now have a hotel for Thursday in Richmond for Friday morning's soccer Showcase matches. I'll try to leave early afternoon Tuesday.

Please pencil me in for Wednesday and Thursday dinner. Ken and I will stay in contact over text.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
UPDATE - I should know this afternoon if our local Inspection is happening this week. Seeing that the Inspectors (who are remote) have been quiet this morning, we in the office are leaning for next week for the actual inspection.

If that's the case, I'll move hotel up one night, as I now have a hotel for Thursday in Richmond for Friday morning's soccer Showcase matches. I'll try to leave early afternoon Tuesday.

Please pencil me in for Wednesday and Thursday dinner. Ken and I will stay in contact over text.
Great news, Jamie. You're penciled in (in Sharpie )
Old 03-25-2019, 12:16 PM

Received 1,128 Likes on 991 Posts

Am I missing something?
Moscow is an unincorporated community in Augusta County, Virginia, United States, located on State Route 42 about 8 miles (13 km) south of Bridgewater. With only a few residents, it consists of a Brethren church, an elementary school, a cabinet shop, a few houses, and a small store.
Half an hour from Staunton. Darned if I can spot anything but the church and school from aerial photos unless they're in the suburbs.

-- Chuck
Old 03-25-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Am I missing something? Half an hour from Staunton. Darned if I can spot anything but the church and school from aerial photos unless they're in the suburbs.

-- Chuck
Maybe just a tiny bit of something. Don't worry, it'll all be clear on Wednesday (if you come for the "rehearsal" drive) or Thursday if you come for the "for-real" drive. But it's Moscow and you don't need a passport or to speak a foreign language or have to eat strange food.

Half the fun of the pop-ups is visiting places you'd never go to see things you'd never see in your daily routine. The next pop-up will be in Warrenton, VA again and I think there'll be a repeat visit to Linden Vineyards without a trip to the woods this time.

Last edited by kgf3076; 03-25-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Warrenton -- Terrific choice! We had a great time last year, and are looking forward to Staunton but also Warrenton redux.

We're looking forward to seeing you and other folks tomorrow and later this week.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:31 PM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

I had already booked the room and was taking my son Benjamin with me for a surprise trip. Unfortunately, Shelley called me Friday afternoon at work telling me that the gas company was at our house. Long story short, I have four quotes for HVAC replacement today. Two more tomorrow, once that's done I will lay it out in excel and decide which to go with. Have a safe trip everyone.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:28 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshoeless
I had already booked the room and was taking my son Benjamin with me for a surprise trip. Unfortunately, Shelley called me Friday afternoon at work telling me that the gas company was at our house. Long story short, I have four quotes for HVAC replacement today. Two more tomorrow, once that's done I will lay it out in excel and decide which to go with. Have a safe trip everyone.
DANG...It...!!!!!!
Wishing you the BEST with the HVAC.....
Will miss ya pal...
Old 03-26-2019, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Looter
DANG...It...!!!!!!
Wishing you the BEST with the HVAC.....
Will miss ya pal...
I'll see you and Sharon soon. Please drive carefully.

Quick Reply: A Staunton, VA Pop-up Drive/Staycation/Soiree