S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Stock or Mod (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/stock-mod-186835/)

PokS2k 02-27-2004 05:42 AM

Stock or Mod

What are your opinons on keeping a car stock vs. mod? Also how much do you have to do to a car to not consider it stock anylonger. For instance is adding a console cover or changine the door speakers a 'mod'? For a 'classic' I think that would be but we are not there yet.

To me, the change has to be substantial or mechanical. So I would consider a new exhaust a mod as well as new wheels.

MsPerky 02-27-2004 05:47 AM

Yeah, I agree about the change being substantial. Mine is stock now and probably will stay that way.

bluerooster 02-27-2004 05:50 AM

I've been wrestling with this decision. I plan on keeping this car a very long time, though, so I'm leaning towards stock.

matrix 02-27-2004 06:16 AM

Mine is slightly modded:

Rims
Exhaust
Stereo
Front Splitter
Grills

Mods on the way:
Seats - I am way over the roll hoops with the stock seats :(.

pfb 02-27-2004 06:24 AM

I think you should keep it stock unless you decide you want to mod it :)

Seriously though... It really depends on your tastes and what you want to do with your car. For me, the handling mods I've done make the car what I wanted it to be. A few minor cosmetic mods (complete debadging, some interior tidbits) make it just a little unique.

OhioRacer 02-27-2004 08:54 AM

I have OEM mods. So is it technically stock? :LOL: Front Lip, Rear Spoiler, Black/Chrome H badges, H valve stem covers, CD changer, Set Back Pocket. Oh WAIT! I've got the glove box organizer. I guess that makes my car "heavily modded". :LOL:

MsPerky 02-27-2004 09:04 AM

I just realized mine has been modded a bit. I don't have any identifying S2000 labels on the outside - just the black "H" on the back and front. Also don't have an antenna cover, just a spring! And I've got those custom MOMO wheel caps. :)

valentine 02-27-2004 09:07 AM

I'm with Blu -- plan on keeping the car (as long as I can get in/out of it without hurting something -- but then I'm Vintage and he's not). If I hadn't thought it was beautiful, wouldn't have bought it in the first place, so it'll probably stay stock. I do think that some of the mods add to the beauty of the car and are an expression of personal taste, so I'm not against it. I enjoy seeing the various things people do to them, etc., but she goes as fast as I need and I enjoy her the way she is.

Triple-H 02-27-2004 10:07 AM

Okay, let me say first off, I know you are all going to laugh at me, but that's okay... :p

I think of my car as essentially a stock ride, but if I list the mods I have made it becomes clear it is modded. I guess why I still think of mine as basically stock is because I have not modified the engine or the suspension. Keep in mind when I say suspension I think of an X-brace as more of a change to the chassis not the suspension.

Triple-H Rollbar
Neuspeed X-brace
Neuspeed Shocktower Brace
Coastal Metals Splitter
Coastal Metals Grille
OEM black chrome badges
Voodoo Magnum knob
2-color powder coated OEM wheels
Modifry Redline Warning Beeper
Modify Glovebox Inserts
Major Havoc Wind Blockers
JR air filter
Triple-H brake cooling fins
Mugen Thermostat, Fan switch, Radiator cap

Triple-H 02-27-2004 10:15 AM

Originally posted by matrix
Mine is slightly modded: Rims, Exhaust, Stereo, Front Splitter, Grills
Mods on the way: Seats - I am way over the roll hoops with the stock seats :(.
:nono:
You're missing some...

:p