S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Tax Breaks and the Economy- Non-Political Hopefully

Old 02-06-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
LB- Interesting you mention that. I saw a few minutes on CNBC this morning, enough to make me dangerous to myself (and maybe others).... My latest thoughts...

Rising wages. So, we get a 1% hike in wages. The companies then need to raise prices to cover the cost of labor because they have to keep margins/profits up to satisfy shareholders. Then, the population spends their increased wages on the increased cost of goods.

I just don't get it! It's all just a vicious cycle to me to makes no sense. Maybe why I didn't go into Economics.
It's all interconnected. People like too play one class against the other, and often the criticism is correct. But in the end we should all remember that we are in the same boat. If you blow a hole in the "other guys" end of the boat, you are still going to sink.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
LB- Interesting you mention that. I saw a few minutes on CNBC this morning, enough to make me dangerous to myself (and maybe others).... My latest thoughts...

Rising wages. So, we get a 1% hike in wages. The companies then need to raise prices to cover the cost of labor because they have to keep margins/profits up to satisfy shareholders. Then, the population spends their increased wages on the increased cost of goods.

I just don't get it! It's all just a vicious cycle to me to makes no sense. Maybe why I didn't go into Economics.
Well yeah, ironically that's how Capitalism works, it has to continue to grow or it collapses. Unfortunately we are on a fixed size rock so that way of life doesn't really sustain itself long term. At some point it cant grow any further, not without a heavy detrimental price to pay somewhere else. Name your natural concluded 21st century retaliation .... Mass Poverty, Environmental collapse, War over resources... .... ....

Get your piece of the pie before its gone. Smash and grab...
Old 02-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
It's all interconnected. People like too play one class against the other, and often the criticism is correct. But in the end we should all remember that we are in the same boat. If you blow a hole in the "other guys" end of the boat, you are still going to sink.
Yes it is all interconnected, we all are on this planet together, sharing it. Agreed. When a system is built upon scarcity, it naturally pics winners and losers to work. Seems to be unavoidable when you do the math. I don't like it and I think we can do much better. But not under the current short sided materialistic/consumer based value system that capitalism seems to breed. I think we can practice Capitalism more responsibly and have different expectations about how it is to serve us. The stock market is probably the epicenter of all that is wrong. Unless of course you are investing in solutions to the current failing paradigm.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 02-06-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:46 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Yes it is all interconnected, we all are on this planet together, sharing it. Agreed. when a system is built upon scarcity, it naturally pics winners and losers to work. Seems to be unavoidable when you do the math. I don't like it and I think we can do much better. But not under the current short sided materialistic/consumer based value system that capitalism seems to breed.
Many people feel the same way. Trying to address this "non politically" all I can really say is you would not be able to change the system very quickly without major upheaval. A slower march to a different structure would be required and frankly, I'm convinced that is the path we are on. But I'm not sure people will be that happy with the destination.