S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Thirteenth Annual Tomcatt Memorial Meet

Old 05-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tomcatt Run

Carol and I will be there. After missing this last year because of carpal tunnel problems, that's now resolved and we are excited to join you again.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

There is a S2000 owner from Charleston WV who I have invited to the event. I will vouch for him.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:54 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
There is a S2000 owner from Charleston WV who I have invited to the event. I will vouch for him.
And I'll vouch for Jamie who's vouching for WV-CRV.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:19 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks Jamie! Just to clarify again. We will be driving on Friday morning as well as Saturday?
Old 05-14-2018, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by WVCR-V
Thanks Jamie! Just to clarify again. We will be driving on Friday morning as well as Saturday?
Come in Friday night for the Saturday drive. We meet for dinner Friday and SAturday and leave for home Sunday. Most of the Meets are only a 2-day, unlike the 3-day Dragon events.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jonas per your post above, I appreciate you considering an alternative route. I just posted the alternate drive at this thread. I'd like to let you know that we did eat at the Muddy Miser last year but 45 minutes before you arrived from the bucket. The group I led really enjoyed this route from the Muddy Miser to Marietta.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by kgf3076
In consideration of your posting, I'm going to let you (and anyone else that really cares) know that I'm not going to the Big Shovel this trip, I'm going straight to the Muddy Miser for lunch. The second thing is that I'm going to have to pass on Saturday night dinner unless it's somewhere other than the Gun Room. My stomach told me last year that I shouldn't eat there again and I plan on listening to it and having dinner at Buckley House. If anyone would like to join me, you're welcome to come along, just let me know in plenty of time so I can let Jonas know.

Incidentally, there were the same number of people for lunch as expected, just some got there 30 minutes before others. We let the management know we were early and the rest of the group would be along shortly. I've been arranging meets for a long time and I know the things that restaurants and hotels go through to make sure they are prepared for unexpected numbers. I can understand the concerns, I face the same thing numerous tims over 6 or 7 meets every year. You can't satisfy everyone, you just try to satisfy the largest number of people.
Ken - I'll join you for Saturday dinner. I agree, my constitution after dinner last year was not the best. Not sure what it was, but I recall I went to bed early.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by s-cargo
Jonas per your post above, I appreciate you considering an alternative route. I just posted the alternate drive at this thread. I'd like to let you know that we did eat at the Muddy Miser last year but 45 minutes before you arrived from the bucket. The group I led really enjoyed this route from the Muddy Miser to Marietta.
One of the servers at the Muddy Miser said she really appreciated that not everyone arrived at the same time because it made it much easier on the kitchen and the staff. (And the bathroom didn't stink!)

I definitely agree with the route Paul laid out. NO interstate, just lots of really great curves and road.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:40 PM

Ken - I'll join you for Saturday dinner. I agree, my constitution after dinner last year was not the best. Not sure what it was, but I recall I went to bed early.
Jamie, you're more than welcome. I think you'll enjoy the place I reserved for Saturday night dinner.

Last edited by kgf3076; 05-23-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Timing is not going to work out for me this year after all. Sorry I have to miss it but y’all have fun and be safe.

Quick Reply: The Thirteenth Annual Tomcatt Memorial Meet