S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Time passes, some things remain the same.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Great to read the story all over again Rob

Sadly, my son is in the "car as occasional necessary evil" category. He drove part of the way back from your neighborhood today (Wayne NJ...see Weekend Plans thread)....but had to be coaxed into helping with the driving
Old 07-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Jul 25 2010, 06:18 PM
Great to read the story all over again Rob

Sadly, my son is in the "car as occasional necessary evil" category. He drove part of the way back from your neighborhood today (Wayne NJ...see Weekend Plans thread)....but had to be coaxed into helping with the driving
On the other hand, Adam and I went to visit my mother today in southern Jersey about 70 miles away. Adam drove both ways. Since he's gotten his learner's permit I've had very little behind the wheel time.

In about 3 weeks he and I are going on the 4th Annual "Mad Russian Drive" with the NJ/NY group of S2KCA. The deal is that Adam drives to and from the meet and I drive the meet.

By the way, Jerry, you might want to join us on that drive. Here's a link to it:

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=36461
Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I always enjoy your writing, Rob . Great story. I needed something positive today. Thank you .

But it makes me miss my car . Oh well....someday...
Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm hardly ever without my S car, but after about 6 wks in Colorado driving a Jeep, I got home last night -- ready to go for a ride in the Honda. So this morning I gave the start button a nudge, and --- nothing. The battery was drained. I think it is my gauges, they have one wire connected to the switched power and one wire to the unswitched. Anyway I forgot to connect my battery tender before I left. After a jump start I took the S out for a long ride, and people would wave, seeing the broad smile on my face -- even a surly policeman. The S2000 is a truly wonderful car.

My son Nick (14) has become a real car guy. He goes to the track with me and helps with changing wheels and tires, checking fluid levels, and maintenance of all kinds. He had returned from Colorado with Chris about a week earlier than me, so I noticed today that he had changed my computer wallpaper with a doctored picture of the S, and had dubbed one of my track photo albums with music of his choice.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM

Tonight Adam and I are going to a "Hump Day" meet at a Starbucks about three miles from where I live. It's the first time in a long time that we're going to spend some time with the S2KI NYC Metro group. I know a couple of the people, but for the most part these will be some new friends. It's always nice to make new friends, especially when they belong to local S2000 groups.

When I posted that I'm going to bring a few updated copies of the Registry one of the members responed. I've never met him, but I'm looking forward to it and so is Adam.

Last night my older son Andrew asked if he could come on a drive with me in the fall. I hope that there's another drive planned after the "Mad Russian Drive" (S2CA). I've already promised Adam that one, but I want to take Andrew on a drive this year.

I'm liking this more and more.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ruined 2,Jul 28 2010, 08:36 AM
I always enjoy your writing, Rob . Great story. I needed something positive today. Thank you .

But it makes me miss my car . Oh well....someday...
Phil,

I'm glad you like the post. We need to talk one of these days just to catch up on everything. I didn't even know that you don't have the NSX anymore. What happened (if I might ask)?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by S1997,Jul 28 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm hardly ever without my S car, but after about 6 wks in Colorado driving a Jeep, I got home last night -- ready to go for a ride in the Honda. So this morning I gave the start button a nudge, and --- nothing. The battery was drained. I think it is my gauges, they have one wire connected to the switched power and one wire to the unswitched. Anyway I forgot to connect my battery tender before I left. After a jump start I took the S out for a long ride, and people would wave, seeing the broad smile on my face -- even a surly policeman. The S2000 is a truly wonderful car.

My son Nick (14) has become a real car guy. He goes to the track with me and helps with changing wheels and tires, checking fluid levels, and maintenance of all kinds. He had returned from Colorado with Chris about a week earlier than me, so I noticed today that he had changed my computer wallpaper with a doctored picture of the S, and had dubbed one of my track photo albums with music of his choice.
Jim,

Isn't it nice when the kids participate? I think it adds a whole new dimension to owning the car.

As much as I love owning the S2000 for what it is, I think the fact that Adam has shared it with me all these years makes it even more special.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

where are all these meets? im in NJ and im having a hard time finding them
Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Received 1,402 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2,Jul 28 2010, 05:20 PM
where are all these meets? im in NJ and im having a hard time finding them
NY/NJ S2KCA has several meets. You should join this group as well.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene,Jul 28 2010, 04:59 PM
NY/NJ S2KCA has several meets. You should join this group as well.
I agree. S2KCA's NJ/NY Chapter is pretty active with a meet or drive every few weeks. You should join up.

Quick Reply: Time passes, some things remain the same.