S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Tomcatt Run 2014 Official Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 04:09 PM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Tomcatt Run 2014 Official Thread

As most of you know this event is named in honor of our dear friend Tom Curda (AKA Tomcatt)who passed away May 24th, 2006. Rt. 26 was his all-time favorite driving road. We will also take time to remember our friends, John (RC Ryder)and Maury (Jumpy Guy) both regular attendees of the Ohio Rt. 26 events. This meet is very special to many of us.

FRIENDSHIP: Everyone at the Tomcatt meet is a friend, whether old or new.

DRIVE: We will leave the Hampton Inn and head West to Rt. 555, then turning North towards Zanesville where we will stop for lunch. From there we will get onto Rt.70 East and travel to the top of Rt. 26, where we will stop and gas up. We will finish the drive on Rt. 26 into Marietta. If you are new to this event Rt. 555 is like a rollercoaster of a road full of twisties and elevation changes (some might want to bring Dramamine!) The entire drive is about 7 hours, 215 miles. If you like to get your heart pumping when behind the wheel, then this drive will not disappoint. Expect to drive the way the S2000 was meant to be driven!

There will be a more moderate drive group again this year, but a warning - even Moderate at the Tomcatt is pretty spirited! If necessary we can also put together a leaf peeper group.

Marietta, Ohio will be our home base. Arrive on Friday, drive on Saturday, party Saturday evening and head home on Sunday.

HOTEL:
We could only reserve a block of 15 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Marietta for Friday, June 20th & Saturday, June 21st. The phone number is 740-373-5353. When calling for your reservations, tell them you are with the Tomcatt Honda Group CODE: CHXTCR. Rooms cost is $102 for standard doubles. There is also a Microtel Inn & Suites (740-373-7373) next to the Hampton for anyone not able to get into the Hampton.

There will be a small ($5 - $10) registration fee to cover magnets and possibly the party room, paid on arrival.

Please let us know in this thread when you have booked your room, and the drive group that you would prefer: Spirited or Moderate.

This post will be updated with additional information as the date approaches.

WE HAVE SECURED THE LEVEE HOUSE FOR OUR SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER!

Participants:
1. JonasM + 1 Spirited (room booked)
2. spt-s2k + 1 Spirited (room booked)
3. Looter + 1 Spirited (room booked)
4. jukngene Spirited (room booked)
5. onu2002 Moderate (room booked)
6. Scooterboy + 1 Spirited (room booked)
7. Tachus + 1 Spirited (room booked)
8. Driveaholic Spirited (room booked)
9. scammedon + 1 Spirited (room booked)
10. She Drives It +1 Spirited (room booked)
11. kgf3076 What ever group he wants (room booked)
12. Slowride Spirited +1 (room booked)
13. Canberra +1 Spirited (room booked)
14. s-cargo + 1 Spirited (room booked)
15. Matt_in_Va + 1 Spirited (room booked)
16. tomnsyl + 1 Moderate (room booked)
17. RedOne2007 Moderate
18. Dish + 1 Spirited
19. paterjim + 1 Moderate (room booked)
Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Denny ( Looter ) & Sharon ( Weezy )...!!!

See ya there ....
Old 03-17-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 1,410 Likes on 765 Posts

Sam, I plan to make it this year. It is one of my favorite meets, if not the best drive.*

One comment which I heard from several of last year's attendees: Is it possible to have another venue for the Saturday night dinner? Several of us were very disappointed in the way we were treated at the dinner. Slow service, confused orders (even though we ordered in advance), mediocre food, and we were shoved in the back (loud) room. I know that the Marietta Brewing Company is a tradition, but last year really soured a bunch of us on the venue.

Hope some others weigh in on this.

No matter where we go, I'm in!!!

Edit: *Actually, I meant: It is one of the best drives!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Sam, I plan to make it this year. It is one of my favorite meets, if not the best drive.

One comment which I heard from several of last year's attendees: Is it possible to have another venue for the Saturday night dinner? Several of us were very disappointed in the way we were treated at the dinner. Slow service, confused orders (even though we ordered in advance), mediocre food, and we were shoved in the back (loud) room. I know that the Marietta Brewing Company is a tradition, but last year really soured a bunch of us on the venue.

We are with you Gene ....
Old 03-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to attend, and I'd like to split a room if anyone else is going solo, so I'll wait a bit to book a room.

I'll drive with the moderate group.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:42 AM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Patty and I will be there again this year. Add us to the list Sam.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Sam, I plan to make it this year. It is one of my favorite meets, if not the best drive.*

Edit: *Actually, I meant: It is one of the best drives!!!
Gene & Denny we are looking into another place for dinner Saturday night.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by onu2002
I'm planning to attend, and I'd like to split a room if anyone else is going solo, so I'll wait a bit to book a room.

I'll drive with the moderate group.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gina and I (Brian) will be there this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Room Booked!

Spirited group please.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:36 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

In addition to the block of rooms (there are 10 double Queens and 5 Kings) - I have reserved 2 rooms with single Queen beds. These rooms cannot be booked as a block, so I reserved them under my name. Anyone who can make do with a slightly smaller room with only one bed, let me know - I'll transfer the reservation to you. PM me.

JonasM

Quick Reply: Tomcatt Run 2014 Official Thread