S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Uppers. Post your happy ending true stories here.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:41 AM

Received 2,979 Likes on 1,659 Posts

This doesn't have to be in Vintage but since we have more life experiences I'm putting it in here. Did something trying happen to you that ended up good? Tell about it.

I know this is long, sorry. It's about my dogs that you see in my avatar. Dog lovers will appreciate it.

My story: On Tuesday night, New Year's eve this year, I was out in the middle of no where in the Mojave Desert with my family of four, our 2 dogs that you see in my avatar, and some friends. We were all out camping so we could ride our dirt motorcycles for the holiday. I had a new motorcycle and I took it for a putt before it got dark. Came back and went to feed the dogs and they were gone. My husband had put them in the motorhome when I took off but let them out before I got back. They were trying to find me.

We looked that night. Wednesday I looked and found their tracks in a sandwash but no dogs. Thursday, I found more tracks, but no dogs. Friday more tracks, all leading northeast and getting farther away. We were all broken. We couldn't give up looking. They are family. I would call their names, whistle, cry, keep going, and repeat. I was excited to find their tracks, I knew they were probably still alive. The days were nice but it was in the 20s or 30s at night.

My husband meanwhile was working with people on the phone trying to hire a helicopter to come help look. The problem was we were under flight test air space (Edwards AFB and China Lake) and tests were going on. The sonic booms were so loud I was diving for the dirt sometimes. Finally on Friday, he got permission and a helicopter to come met him in California City to look from the air. They looked for 3 hours and didn't find them. The helicopter pilot had to leave for a previous job. Husband found a second helicopter to come out and try again, this one with 2 guys in it and my husband. They could help until 5PM. I was getting pissed because they were looking in an area that was not in the direction I had tracked the dogs for three days. They landed and I showed them the tracks and the direction the dogs had been consistently heading. As I continued to track the dogs, I saw the helicopter land. My hopes shot up. Why did they land? We were in a dead zone for cell phones to work. The helicopter picked up and then flew towards me. I got out in the open on the lakebed and they landed near me. The back door opened and a big guy got out with my Whiskey girl in his arms! I couldn't believe it! I was crying and saying thank you over and over. I couldn't give up but I didn't think I'd hold her again. He told me to hold on to her and they took off again. I had dog food and water in my backpack so I feed her and hugged her. She was OK, not thirsty, but very hungry. I didn't know where my husband was or Vector.

When the helicopter landed after spotting the dogs, Vector got scared when the guy got out and he took off. Husband got out and was trying to catch him and so they left him to bring me Whiskey. When they went back for husband, Vector ran harder. Husband go back in copter and they tried chasing down Vector to tire him out. Finally, they set down, husband got out and helicopter went back to Van Nuys. It was dark when he finally got Vector to come when he whistled. We had our two dogs after three complete days of searching. A friend brought our pickup over and the dogs got a ride back to camp. They had traveled about 15 miles. What a happy ending for us and all our friends who helped!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll keep this short but last March my wife after 7 years of suffering with a autoimmune disease recieved a living donor liver transplant from her cousin saving her life. For the full story I updated it all in our Del-Val forum go here https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=48087

anyway here is a pictorial of a happy ending

3 days before the miracle surgery my wife on the right weighing in a t 86 lbs and 5'9" tall and her cousin on the left

one month after surgery at a mere 80lbs and unable to walk

2 months after surgery looking better(me on the right.... I have since dropped 25lbs, geez I look like Jerry Lewis in that pic)

3 months after surgery with her cousin

matching scars

4 months after surgery on the beach in Cape May

and how she is today at a normal weight and healthy(ps this is Zippy's car thought it was fun that her shorts match his seat covers)

and a pic of my wife driving the S something she could not enjoy till her transplant.

Old 09-16-2003, 02:48 PM

That is so awesome! I only looked at your pictures so far, and will have to go read the story. I didn't think a live person could donate a liver since you only have one. Thanks for sharing! The best kind of happy ending story!
Old 09-16-2003, 03:48 PM

I went and read your story. That is just great. I hope Kristen and your wife are healthy and happy. It must have been incredibly hard for you.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kruse
[B]That is so awesome!
Old 09-16-2003, 03:56 PM

I had no idea that the liver regenerates! So Kristen is back to normal now? Did the hernia thing get fixed up? Is your wife all good now too?
Old 09-16-2003, 04:03 PM

Since pictures help with the story, here's one of my family, including Vector and Whiskey, the vagabonds.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kyras
[B]I had no idea that the liver regenerates!
Old 09-17-2003, 05:26 AM

Charlie, I know a family that had one sister carry for the other. It worked out fine for everyone and I hope your situation is a another success story. Thanks for the compliment about my family. I know I'm lucky with them. My husband works hard with his own business and my kids are smarty pantses and I am the lube that keeps it all running smoothly. We are all healthy and I couldn't ask for more.

Oh yeah, and I drive an S2000. Is life good or what?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:22 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Two wonderful and inspiring stories

THERE MUST BE MORE OUT THERE...THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING

Quick Reply: Uppers. Post your happy ending true stories here.