S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Vintage Autocrossers thread

Old 09-23-2003, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember, don't get greedy, 18-gallon is the biggest that will fit.

OK, I pack my car a lot for schools, here is another tip.
If you need to pack stuff in the car, say onto the passenger seat, here is what I do. Go to the fabric store and buy a yard or two of thick vinyl like you would use to upholster a chair; naugahide is the word that comes to mind. This gets folded and laid right on the seat so it covers the bottom and the back. Take two 2x10" boards about 12" long and lay them on the vinyl, one on the seat bottom, and one leaning up against the seat back. Now take and place onto the wood a large heavy Rubbermaid tote, and then put the seatbelt around the tote. Now you can be sure the tote will not move in the car, and the side bolsters will not be incurred by having to carry the weight of the tote. The reason I also do this is because I can not get the floor jack under the front center jacking point without driving the two front tires up onto the 2x10" so these pieces of wood are also part of my jacking system.

I have a driving school this weekend so I will take some pics of how I pack my car and post early next week in a new thread. It has taken me a couple years of testing to figure out how to utilize almost every bit of space...