S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Vintage Club

Old 11-01-2003, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
I have refrained from posting comments on this subject as I don't spend as much time in this forum as many of you.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:53 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I was not going to do any posting today. I was going to stay away in order to let the dust settle and the noise quiet down. I stumbled into this thread and received a few PMs and now I have a lump in my throat. Thank you to everyone.

Please understand why I am so offended. It is not because Vintage is moving. I'm not happy about that, but we are all dedicated to the Forum. I am blessed to be working with a co "Community Organizer" who is wonderful, friends in this forum and throughout the community who are wonderful, and all of us would do anything necessary to help Vintage survive. We are all happy with it and together we would do what we had to.

I am offended by the turn of events and the nastiness in the discussion that took place. I have always felt that we should discuss the issues not attack the personalities. Yesterday, I was attacked and my own words were twisted and misconstrued with a visciousness and sarcasm that I didn't think possible.

I didn't sleep much last night. I didn't understand why this was happening. This morning I woke up and wrote a two page resignation. Thanks to Deb and all of you I hope to get by this. I just thought you should know.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:09 AM

Rob, this is OUR club. Most of your interaction is with us. I agree that Eric can be very impolite at time but I don't think he means bad. Please rethink your decision and stay CO.
It will all pass very soon and with your help the vintage club will keep being the fun place that it is.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:07 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Damn...this sucks. Rob has logged off so I can't find out more, but I will try to convince him to reconsider.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:29 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally posted by MsPerky
Damn...this sucks. Rob has logged off so I can't find out more, but I will try to convince him to reconsider.
Deb

I'm sorry, I was outside blowing leaves. E.W.A. won't let me wash my S until we clean up all the leaves.

If I left the wrong impression before I am sorry. We are the Vintage Club. With our enthusiasm, our participants and our spirit, we will survive where ever we are.

Enough of this. I'm going back out to finish the leaves, wash last Sunday at Fall Colors off of my S and then back to Vintage. See you later.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:35 AM

Whew...glad that's settled. He's back!
Old 11-01-2003, 08:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by ralper I was outside blowing leaves.
THIS, is totally unfair! Rob's out blowing leaves and I'm out shovelling snow (and look at my temperature banner in my sig).
The following pic is from last winter, but my deck looks exactly like this right now:

Not meaning to hijack the thread but thought we could use a bit of levity.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:54 AM

Man, I love snow. I wish I could be there. We only get snow a couple weeks out of the year. Post more snow pictures.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

The role of a community organizer is far more important and challenging than that as moderator.

Moderator is basically the supervisor of the forum, keeping the kids noses wiped.

A Community Organizer is the one's that bring the people together, work towards building an organization or group. The respected one's of the group!

Heck I would welcome a different title than moderator, considering the moderator status stays the same in the club form. You are still able to lock and move the bad things

A club has a badge, a membership list, meets, events, etc. A forum talks specific, ie s2k talk, car talk.. the vintage forum did not fit where is was. The thought that we don't care or are burrying this section is not true. We have a form for the site, what goes where. Actually, I think a better fitment would lead to more visitors. Possibly a better description for your forum is needed.

Hope that gives a bit of info!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper

Quick Reply: The Vintage Club