S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Vintage forum a refuge from the cold, cruel world

Old 02-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lately with all the gratuitous attacks I've been enduring on other places on S2Ki.com, it's a marvelous relief to come to the Vintage forum.

Am I just imagining that we have more members who make slanderous condemnations of other members because they can hide behind the anonymity of a board name? It's just seems that the pace and intensity of the incivility has gotten out of hand.

It makes me appreciate the Vintage forum all the more, as well as the decorum and thoughfulness of Vintage members.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally posted by Rick Hesel
It makes me appreciate the Vintage forum all the more, as well as the decorum and thoughfulness of Vintage members.
I agree, the Vintage Forum is a great place.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick, I commend you and your partners on your resilience. It seems there are WAY too many ungrateful people on the board. I agree that the anonymity of a board name seems to make for some very aggressive name calling.

Hang in there.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
Lately with all the gratuitous attacks I've been enduring on other places on S2Ki.com, it's a marvelous relief to come to the Vintage forum.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:08 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I think you are right, Rick...and I do sympathize with you about the attacks you endured from a disgruntled customer. I tried to emphasize the message versus messenger point but doubt it got much notice in that thread. But it was nice for Wingy to come to your defense and the postings there ran about 98% supportive. So that should make you feel somewhat better.

I do agree that being anonymous online gives people license to say things they would never say to someone's face. Of course, it can work the other way and inspire more openness which is a good thing. Unfortunately, the former seems to prevail all too often on this board.

A member PMed me the other day to say that S2Ki members have been posting on other boards about this one - some pretty negative. But the one bright spot they mentioned was Vintage! I was very gratified to hear this. I am glad you consider our forum a respite and we hope to keep it that way! Thanks for your kind words.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:23 AM

Rick, the percentage of a--holes remains constant in relation to population. The problem is the population keeps increasing.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Rick I have to agree. I don't go anywhere on this board anymore except here and the Ohio Forum. If anyone has been sucked into the "Vintage Womb", it is me.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:50 AM

You're absolutely right about Vintage, Rick. I hang out here more than anywhere. The only reason I went to Car Talk was to see what you had to say about that new Accord I'm looking at, otherwise, Vintage is home base.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:17 AM

Received 2,989 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Vintage is like home, comfy and warm. I do hit Today's Active on occasion to spice it up, or visit the Corner, where I was first welcomed but those are visits and I come home to Vintage.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, I agree.
This Vintage place has such a great attitude.
Oh, I sent you an e-mail...

Quick Reply: Vintage forum a refuge from the cold, cruel world