Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

The Vintage Forum Weather Thread

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Vintage Forum Weather Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
My wife and I visited Rocky Mountain National Park last Monday. We were confined to the parks lower elevations due extremely dense fog and heavy snow in the higher regions. The park is changing colors and becoming “winterized”.

Mary Enjoying the views
Lake's reflection

Bull elk and his harem.
I spent 2 days snowmobiling there many moons ago beautiful area.
Weather is very warm here today and yesterday and humid. Took the s for a top down ride after work yesterday may do the same today enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:49 AM

Liked 61 Times in 58 Posts

Hope those in the panhandle area are okay. And all the ppl that will be affected by this hurricane.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Liked 27 Times in 27 Posts

It's been snowing non-stop but not sticking. I'm at the Larimer Humane Society for my two volunteer shifts. I'll be surprised if there are many visitors or adoptions today.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 AM

Liked 43 Times in 41 Posts

So Patricia. Year two of snow in CO. Does the snow still excite you?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
So Patricia. Year two of snow in CO. Does the snow still excite you?
So far. I came out of the building and just looked up at the huge flakes coming down.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:10 AM

Liked 67 Times in 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
So far. I came out of the building and just looked up at the huge flakes coming down.
I hope you get plenty this year! Cause I plan on another snowboard trip out there this year! Last year was pretty dismal in terms of snow until the end of the winter. We came in mid Jan and portions of the big resorts were still closed. We still had a good time, but more snow was needed for sure. It was 50 one of the days we were there, and that was at 9000 feet. Then it got cold again, so there was day of hard ice on the runs. Then it finally dumped almost a foot the last day we were there.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 AM

I guess I will not complain about the weather here in the middle of MN, a few hours north it is pretty rough today! I just saw that Duluth MN was experiencing 60 mph winds and waves from Lake Superior up to 18 ft, which is flooding all the park areas on the shore. So it is much nicer here in Minneapolis today :P
Old 10-10-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by engifineer View Post
I hope you get plenty this year! Cause I plan on another snowboard trip out there this year! Last year was pretty dismal in terms of snow until the end of the winter. We came in mid Jan and portions of the big resorts were still closed. We still had a good time, but more snow was needed for sure. It was 50 one of the days we were there, and that was at 9000 feet. Then it got cold again, so there was day of hard ice on the runs. Then it finally dumped almost a foot the last day we were there.
I've heard it said that the past five winters in CO have been mild. The most snow I had last winter was 4-1/2 inches at once.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Liked 43 Times in 41 Posts

^
Child's play..... call me when you get a foot and a half or more at once!!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Our winters have been all messed up in the past few years. Off and on snow, warm ups mid winter, etc. Our cold stuff started early last year (by cold I mean sub zeros) in December. It is typically "mild" Nov and December and stays in the teens or so. And of course, then getting a couple of piles of new snow in April also was a bit unwelcome, even for those of us into snow sports. At our late April Novice Autocross school this year, I was riding along instructing when a driver went off course, which would not have been a big deal if for not the snow pile jump we hit .... in APRIL :P Luckily no one hurt but the Porsche we were in and it only took minor damage.

Now this year and we went from 80-90 degrees to early winter all at once. Trees are still trying to change and leaves have just started falling good and we are looking at below freezing mornings and a high of 39 tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands