S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Vintage gone astray...

Old 08-25-2004, 05:04 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Vintage gone astray...

I asked a >40 friend who lurks @ one of the Regional Forums to get involved here on vintage. He's a very car-centric guy who knows a lot about vintage sports cars. He took a look at the vintage forum and here's the PM that he sent to me today:

Jerry,

Out of respect for a friend, I surfed onto the vintage forum and discovered not one article had anything to do about cars. It was mostly about Geritol, what one should do about varicose veins, and how kids these days just don't get it. Let me know when an article about cars appears ;-)

(name omitted)
What do you think?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14 forums about cars on this site before we visit regions. There is a reason we like this forum and it is because we are thinking with the grey matter between our ears instead of the matter between our legs (well most of the time). When he turnes 35, I'll let him visit the big table but he will still have to sit at the little table. Park his car talk at the other 14 forums. This is pure wisdom.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:21 PM

varicose veins... Geritol... darned kids... senior discounts and early bird specials... that pretty much sums us up.

clearly we're desperately in need of your friend's enlightenment

by the way, folks... what kind of support hose do you reccomend? The ol' circulation ain't what it used to be, sonny...
Old 08-25-2004, 06:03 PM

I think there is more to life than just a car....
Old 08-25-2004, 06:11 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ There isn't one thread about any of those subjects...I assume he was joking, in a way, but I have to say I'm rather glad he took a pass. Did you have a point in posting this comment, Jerry? We had a whole thread on this subject not too long ago - Subjects Discussed in Vintage. As I recall, most members liked the variety of subjects and felt they could get their car fix elsewhere.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:32 PM

Received 2,986 Likes on 1,661 Posts

I have nothing nice to say about that PM so I won't say anything at all except !
Old 08-25-2004, 06:47 PM

If that's his attitude, I vote that we never invite him to any of our Bingo games or mall walks.

Dean
Old 08-25-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Jerry,

One of the reasons for Vintage was that we all agreed that by the time a person reaches Vintage age he or she realizes that there is much more to life than the ownership of the car. You were there at the beginning, as was I, as were many of us. We wanted a forum where we could discuss all of the things that mattered to us, the subjects that were relevant to those of us in our Vintage years and those of us who wanted to share the wisdom, knowledge and experience that comes with age. And we wanted to be able to share it without the noise and nonsense that is too often found in the other forums. That was the founding premise of Vintage, and that is the ideal that we all try to live up to. So far the Vintage forum has exceed and continues to exceed my expectations for it.

If your friend cannot find satisfaction in Vintage, so be it. There are many places on this site and other automotive sites for people who want only to discuss cars. I know that I speak for many of us when I say that I am delighted with this forum, with the people who frequent it, and the topics that we discuss. I am very proud to have been a part of the birth of this forum, and I am proud to continue to be a part of it and to participate in it.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

with Deb.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't understand this person's point. Maybe I've gotten too old and feeble to comprehend. The rest of this site is about cars. If I came into "Vintage" and started to see stuff about "what kind of wheels should I get?" or "do you think this intake would sound good?" .............................. THEN, I would say that "Vintage" has gone astray and wonder why these threads aren't moved to S2000 Talk or Car Talk.

Quick Reply: Vintage gone astray...