S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What new hobbies or activities have you started?

Old 06-02-2006, 04:44 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Jun 2 2006, 06:53 AM
And that's not a good thing. Time to at least start rethinking a few things, lil' Bro. And in light of recent events, THAT'S AN ORDER! Humph! your big sis.
Thats what I think too, so two weeks ago I gave notice. Tuesday is my last day here.

In a few weeks I start at a new firm that seems to have more potential to satisfy my requirements. The time and money is about the same, but the satisfaction should be much greater and that effects everything. Maybe I'll start a thread about this tonight.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:45 AM

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,627 Posts

^
Really? Congratulations!

Hope the new job gives LOTS of vacation time to attend car meets!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Jun 2 2006, 06:44 AM
Thats what I think too, so two weeks ago I gave notice. Tuesday is my last day here.

In a few weeks I start at a new firm that seems to have more potential to satisfy my requirements. The time and money is about the same, but the satisfaction should be much greater and that effects everything. Maybe I'll start a thread about this tonight.
WOW!! When you move, you MOVE! Good for you, life really is too short. Let's hope the new job will mean shorter hours too. Can't wait to hear the details in the thread. I think it's funny that you gave yourself a few days off right before SF. Smooth move! I'm too through! You go, lil' bro. Your proud sis.

Guess I'll have to find something else to fuss about now......
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Jun 2 2006, 06:45 AM
Hope the new job gives LOTS of vacation time to attend car meets!
And if it doesn't, take 'em anyway.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 AM

Received 435 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Jun 2 2006, 07:44 AM
but the satisfaction should be much greater and that effects everything.

I also think satisfaction from your work is extremely important. As I get older, I think I am finding myself evaluate life in terms of quality of life rather than quantity of life. I think it is important to draw some measure of satisfaction from our work. My compliments to you for having the courage to make the move. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Great news, Rob...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 435 Likes on 313 Posts

I thought I bring this thread back up to life again. Well, I did complete my motorcycle class and got my license as well as scuba diving certification. Now, I am working on Lifeguard course. I am taking this class with a bunch of teenagers and they are asking me why since I am older than dirt. I tell them that it is my mid-life crisis. I think I've been on perpetual mid-life crisis. How about you all?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 AM

I think I'm like what Rob posted last year -- I think I had all my fun in my younger years and now all I do is work. Both of my parents were artistic, so thinking I MUST have a gene somewhere, I tried painting classes and pottery classes. Loved the pottery but don't have room for a kiln and no where close to rent space. I love stained glass, but no time or place to do that (though I am going to build doors for Dean's AV cabinets). I used to SCUBA dive a LOT (and owned part of a dive shop) but haven't been in years. Used to snow ski but haven't been in years. Ditto for water skiing, golf, fishing and my little one-man sailboat. I tried to sign up for a class on digital photography in January but the residents of the Villages get first shot and it filled up. Basically, it's just work now.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by martha,Feb 25 2008, 02:43 PM
I used to SCUBA dive a LOT (and owned part of a dive shop) but haven't been in years.
You live in Fl., get your gear out and dust it off, and take sometime away from work.
If I lived near warm water, I'd be diving at least once a month, and hey wait isn't Dean a Marine Biologist or something, you both need to dive. It's usually very quiet and cell phones don't work there.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zippy,Feb 25 2008, 05:01 PM
You live in Fl., get your gear out and dust it off, and take sometime away from work.
If I lived near warm water, I'd be diving at least once a month, and hey wait isn't Dean a Marine Biologist or something, you both need to dive. It's usually very quiet and cell phones don't work there.
I gave my equipment away when we moved here -- most of it would be considered ancient by today's standards anyway -- you know using dive tables and an old-fashioned octopus instead of computers and that type thing. Dean doesn't dive and surprisingly hasn't shown any interest in it. As for living near water, in this part of the state there's not much to see anyway.

Quick Reply: What new hobbies or activities have you started?