S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

As for this weekend, well the masters is on TV you know.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

starting working on my taxes..
Old 04-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Received 1,411 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
As for this weekend, well the masters is on TV you know.
So I've heard!
Old 04-08-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshoeless
starting working on my taxes..
It's kind of late, they're due next Monday. Don't worry, I know a couple of good accountants if you need one.

(I know you're an accountant too, just having a little end of tax season fun)
Old 04-08-2019, 03:51 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 908 Posts

Acura (new primary sponsor) Grand Prix of Long Beach. I've been to all 44 LBGPs, this will be #45. All three days of all except the three or four times it's rained on Friday or Saturday (never on Sunday). We have the best seats in the house: top row Grandstand 29, just past the Acura bridge, at the start finish line, across from the pits, where they're hitting 200 down Shoreline. Standing on the fence in front of our stands, they're going so fast it's like your eyes are playing tricks on your brain. We can see from the hairpin to Turn 1 and downtown Long Beach. Standing on our seats, we can see the Port o f Long Beach, the Queen Mary, the Palos Verdes peninsula, the Marina, and Long Beach beaches. We have Marina parking right by the Blue entrance and tailgate with our friends with Anne Marie's Acura RDX and our USC easy up between events and during events we don't care about.. We have a tradition: Every morning at about 7:30 we each have a King Taco all meat carne asada burrito with cilantro and onions and salsa verde and an ice cold Becks. Breakfast of champions! I can't wait!

Last edited by The Raptor; 04-08-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:31 PM

Received 4,947 Likes on 3,001 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
Acura (new primary sponsor) Grand Prix of Long Beach. I've been to all 44 LBGPs, this will be #45. All three days of all except the three or four times it's rained on Friday or Saturday (never on Sunday). We have the best seats in the house: top row Grandstand 29, just past the Acura bridge, at the start finish line, across from the pits, where they're hitting 200 down Shoreline. Standing on the fence in front of our stands, they're going so fast it's like your eyes are playing tricks on your brain. We can see from the hairpin to Turn 1 and downtown Long Beach. Standing on our seats, we can see the Port o f Long Beach, the Queen Mary, the Palos Verdes peninsula, the Marina, and Long Beach beaches. We have Marina parking right by the Blue entrance and tailgate with our friends with Anne Marie's Acura RDX and our USC easy up between events and during events we don't care about.. We have a tradition: Every morning at about 7:30 we each have a King Taco all meat carne asada burrito with cilantro and onions and salsa verde and an ice cold Becks. Breakfast of champions! I can't wait!
Save me a seat. I may pass on breakfast except for the Becks.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:55 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Musical weekend coming up. We will catch one of our favorite local bands on Saturday afternoon at a pig roast/spring fling hosted by a cool bar and grill that is located on one of the local rivers. The band is actually out of Louisiana but they play over here fairly often and we have gotten to know them quite well over the past few years.

Then either Friday or Sunday (depending on weather forecast) we will head over to NOLA for the French Quarter Fest, a three-day event that takes place on several main stages and a bunch of pop-up stages throughout the Quarter...all free. It is always held two weeks before Jazz Fest and has much more of a local flavor and low key vibe. Really good music and great fun!
Old 04-10-2019, 05:52 AM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Musical weekend coming up. We will catch one of our favorite local bands on Saturday afternoon at a pig roast/spring fling hosted by a cool bar and grill that is located on one of the local rivers. The band is actually out of Louisiana but they play over here fairly often and we have gotten to know them quite well over the past few years.

Then either Friday or Sunday (depending on weather forecast) we will head over to NOLA for the French Quarter Fest, a three-day event that takes place on several main stages and a bunch of pop-up stages throughout the Quarter...all free. It is always held two weeks before Jazz Fest and has much more of a local flavor and low key vibe. Really good music and great fun!
I watched an old episode of Dick Cavett were he interviewed Tennessee Williams in the French quarter. They did a bit of traveling around looked like a special place.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Masters could be rained out....
Old 04-10-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Masters could be rained out....
Hush your mouth.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?