S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 10-14-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

This should be an interesting evening. The hotel we are in is filled with Ohio State fans but the lobby is decorated with tons of Nebraska stuff.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

One nice thing about the DC area is that there is always something cultural going on. Tomorrow it is this - nephew and family are going to join me.

https://parks.arlingtonva.us/events/...ican-festival/

The +1 and runners stopped at Four Roses distillery during the night (part of the Bourbon Chase - see course map above) and had bourbon balls, etc. He arrives back home tomorrow evening and will most likely head straight to bed and not be seen again until late Mon morning.

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-14-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Off to see Lewis Black in a few minutes.
should be intriguing
Lewis Black was ... well..... what can I say, Lewis Black in all of his glory.
opened with an advisory for the trump fans that they could get their money back if they had wandered into the wrong place.
He has been visiting Worcester for 30 plus years and talked about some of the early times we he was still honing his craft.
Back when Worcester was a real sh^thole and he'd play the Aku-Aku Polynesian restaurant and bar.
Some material was ... shall we say re-use, but still a Fantastic show!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 06:43 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Our weekend weather put a little kink in our plans. Saturday was a wash out. We went chair shopping and stopped for an early dinner. Looking for new recliners for our TV room, but I'm not a fan of big bulky recliners. We currently have two Queen Ann style chairs that are recliners incognito. They were purchased 20+ years old at Lazy Boy and starting to show wear. I was trying to think out of the box and go with a different style but just about everything I looked at was too typical, too big and too bulky. These recliners are push back and power recliners are taking over the market. We may need those in a few years, but maybe I'm not ready to dish out $ for something I'm just not happy with.

Yesterday we were supposed to head back to the Newport Car museum and were going to take the S2000, but though the museum was still hosting an event, local P car guys and S2000 guys bailed. We were socked in the fog at the time of departure. We headed to one more furniture store, and kept going north where the weather was slightly better. A little time in the P car, a stop for a pumpkin and some gourds (worked the camera a bit) and a late lunch/early dinner at the British Brew Company and a good day was had. Oh and the Patriots beat the Jets. , not without controversy though.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:00 AM

Even though there was a driver for each of the two vans back from the Bourbon Chase in KY, the driver in the +1's van overindulged the night before and only lasted an hour. The +1 ended up driving the rest of the way (about 11 hours). Then once he got to Reagan Airport to turn the van back in, the traffic was gridlocked from the closing of the airport Metro station (and the Crystal City Metro station, also) for weekend maintenance. He was able to get an Uber ride, but between the time he called me from the airport and the time he finally arrived home was almost two hours - to go three miles!! Needless to say he was even more exhausted. Slept late and working from home today.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts

It was just another soccer weekend (NCAA, Ohio HS, US Soccer). The postseason for HS starts this week and for the NCAA in a few weeks. After this week, I get to start taking a few weeknight breaks and maybe.... just maybe... start to get to know a certain blonde beauty who has been supporting me though the pre- and post-divorce timeline.

Car-wise, looking forward to the OKI (Cincinnati S2000) Northern KY Run (sometimes referred as the Rabbit Hash Run), as well as the Boston Mountains rally in Arkansas in early November.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 4,957 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I'm not a fan of big bulky recliners.
I totally agree. This is one I want after looking for a long time but there's no way I'm going to spend $3,200 for it. Dutailier Recliners 252-123 (Manual) from Meubles Poisson
Old 10-17-2017, 04:04 AM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I totally agree. This is one I want after looking for a long time but there's no way I'm going to spend $3,200 for it. Dutailier Recliners 252-123 (Manual) from Meubles Poisson
Dave, Did they steal it rom the bridge of the starship enterprise?

I lean more towards Stressless Ruby (L) Classic chair - Ekornes.combut i'm not paying $3K either.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:23 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Possibly the last Cars and Coffee on Saturday with the kit car, then the last autocross of 2017 on Sunday.
Almost ended the season on a good note. Had a run that was fast enough to put me in 5th place out of 100+ drivers, but unfortunately had a cone penalty on it. Fastest clean run was a second slower dropping me to 20th for my worst finish of the season! Still, it was a fun course to drive and the storm front held off until my drive home, so not a bad day. Ride home was a challenge on wide tires with almost no tread left. Car was "floaty", and at points, I was traveling at 5 mph in a 55 zone. Managed to bring it home in one piece. Time to think about the end of season detail and winter storage.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:41 AM

Might see the nephew and family on Sat for a little birthday get together for my younger grandniece, who turns one on Mon. Also, Marine Corps Marathon on Sun, which is always a zoo in the neighborhood. We live across Route 50 from the Iwo Jim Memorial and the route start and finish are nearby. The +1 is not running this year, but we will go down to cheer on the participants, who run right through the main intersection here in Rosslyn at about Mile 1. Major cheers for the Navy/Marine participants.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?