S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:37 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue

I lean more towards Stressless Ruby (L) Classic chair - Ekornes.combut i'm not paying $3K either.
I have two of these Stressless Wing | Leather Recliner Chairs - Ekornes.com which we have had since 2001. They were silly expensive then, I think that they can be had in the $2000 range now, when you can catch a sale. 16 years later they still sit like new. There are many fewer dealers in this area than there once were, but they are great. (We also had a sofa from them, not quite as impressed with that, but he chairs are definitely a pleasure to sit in.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 AM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

The last three Lazyboy recliners I have had were neither large or over stuffed. They do make some smaller chairs but many retailers don't show them. The first two I had were cloth covered and the current one is leather with memory foam padding. I prefer cloth but I though I would try leather once. I like the memory foam as it is firmer but you stick to the leather in the hot months.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Install snow tires,on both d.d....and wait for Santa.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippy
I have two of these Stressless Wing Leather Recliner Chairs - Ekornes.com which we have had since 2001. They were silly expensive then, I think that they can be had in the $2000 range now, when you can catch a sale. 16 years later they still sit like new. There are many fewer dealers in this area than there once were, but they are great. (We also had a sofa from them, not quite as impressed with that, but he chairs are definitely a pleasure to sit in.
I recall when you bought them . . . wasn't it for a tv/movie room? I'm sure I've tired those chairs too. I have no problem spending $2k for a recliner. I spent $1k for a Ethan Allen recliner, over 30 years ago. For some reason, I just can't make the jump to $3k. The last new chair we bought, I think I spent $1k or more for it and it was just a cloth swivel. I ended up total rebuilding the seat cushion myself using two levels of foam shortly after buying it. You could say I am hard to please but really they just have to work for me.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

Maybe play some golf, which every weekend could be the last depending on the weather.
Some years I've already been done, other years I've played almost until Xmas.

Have to start putting up the heating cables for the roof ice dams.
just in case.

I'm told we're going to brunch Sunday with some friends.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:57 PM

It is suppose to reach 80º here this weekend so I get to wash windows!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
It is suppose to reach 80º here this weekend so I get to wash windows!
Good, glad I'm not alone. I spent all day power washing parts of the house, walkway, and some screens. Still got some windows to do since the spray left spots.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 AM

Received 793 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by dwb993
Tomorrow we ride to Englishtown, NJ where Laurie has booked 3 laps in a Lamborghini Huracan courtesy of Xtreme Xperience and a birthday gift from her girlfriends. Should be a fun time. I told her if she doesn't break 125mph, I wasn't giving her a ride home!
What did she think? I was gifted one of these for my birthday last year at Millville (NJMP). I decided that if I was going, I'd do a second car as well. Wanted the 911 but it was in the shop, so I had a Hurican and an F430.

I found it really a waste of money (other than being able to say you drove a Hurican or an F430). The first lap you get to speed, but are somewhat limited by others. You then get a full lap plus 3/4 of another, then slow it down for the pits. Fortunately, I have track experience, so my out lap got to speed pretty quick. My instructor recognized that and I was able to pass everyone in the group (usually 5-6 cars) until I was behind the lead car. It might have been a total of 10 minutes in the car.....
Old 10-20-2017, 07:40 AM

Received 793 Likes on 439 Posts

For us this weekend...

I have a dart tournament in Philly. It's the 4th of the 5 major events in 2017 that earn points towards a qualified series in 2018 (Philly Premier League - they are expecting top prize for that series to be between 2500 and 5000!) I made the series last year, and finished 6th of 10 (of about 80 or so that tried to qualify). Not upset in the least.

This year, I've only got 1 point from the first 3 events. I figure that another 3 points between this event and the last one in November guarantees me a spot in the 10. However, a top 4 (2 points) this week might also be enough since the points are spread real thin this year. My draw for the event is favorable until the top 16 where I play a past world top 25 player then my doubles partner to get to the top 8 (and get 1 point!) .... Good news for me - I'm the defending champ for this event so maybe they'll be intimidated! Probably not.

Sunday is Cindy's birthday. We're headed into New Hope to see a local theater's version of Rocky Horror than dinner at a place we enjoy. If the weather's nice, probably a drive in the morning.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 AM

Change of plans!!!!!!

My daughter was due to deliver our sixth grand child on the first of November. Her doctor moved the date up to the 25th of October. Well she delivered last night / this morning.

Our new grand daughter is Everly Hope Jackman. 7lb 11oz. at 3:30am

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?