S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 07-31-2021, 10:18 AM

Received 4,945 Likes on 2,999 Posts

^ Most likely but I did not see one. It was fascinating to watch them cut boards with 100 year old equipment that came out better than you can buy at Lowes. Couple stills from a video I made.

The following 3 users liked this post by dlq04:
jukngene (07-31-2021), Lainey (07-31-2021), robb (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 12:15 PM

Received 3,509 Likes on 2,375 Posts

yesterday was my third day at cardio rehab. Since I felt a little more confidant, I pushed a little more.
But you have to remember everything is a relative, walking a mile at a 25 minutes pace and then 3.2 miles on the stationary bike, both on "level ground."
Last night we played 9 holes with a cart.
it took me all morning to get out of my own way. Mowing the lawn with my riding mower felt like work.
Fighting with a retention bolt on the GL front rotors. Shouldn't be in much more than finger tight but they won't budge.
Even worse I just snapped off an easy out so now I have a harden steel center in the bolt.
oh did I mention it is a female torx bit ?
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 03:53 PM

Received 2,982 Likes on 1,659 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
yesterday was my third day at cardio rehab. Since I felt a little more confidant, I pushed a little more.
But you have to remember everything is a relative, walking a mile at a 25 minutes pace and then 3.2 miles on the stationary bike, both on "level ground."
Last night we played 9 holes with a cart.
it took me all morning to get out of my own way. Mowing the lawn with my riding mower felt like work.
Fighting with a retention bolt on the GL front rotors. Shouldn't be in much more than finger tight but they won't budge.
Even worse I just snapped off an easy out so now I have a harden steel center in the bolt.
oh did I mention it is a female torx bit ?
I'm really glad you're doing that. We don't want you to be in the "Vintage Forum Remembering Its Own" thread.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:45 PM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Cool stuff, Dave. Hang in there, Jerry.
I tried brace #2 last night. To say it was a miserable night is putting it mildly. I woke up around 1:00 AM with discomfort from shoulder blade into the arm. I tried ice and heat and was this close to digging into my very old stash of pain meds. Ditched it and went with my homemade brace, went from our bed to chair to guest bed where I finally got some sleep. Felt like a train wreck when I got up. Had a massage this AM and the massage lady told me my upper back was all knotted up. I know...I also found out she is not worried about contracting Covid, as she has a great immune system, has no plans on getting vaccinated and is tired of masks.

I left the appointment telling her I'd call her when I was ready for another appointment. NOT! Will look for somewhere else to go.

Felt better as day went on, went for a nice top down drive. Hit a couple nature spots where some bald eagles have been sighted, no luck. After dinner I got a text from a local friend with a pic of a bald eagle. He took the place at one of the local places I frequent. Guess we could have saved a few $$ in premium gas.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I'm really glad you're doing that. We don't want you to be in the "Vintage Forum Remembering Its Own" thread.
As Carrie fisher put it, I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of dying. I don't like hurting and death can be painful.

Kyras (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 06:33 PM

Received 4,945 Likes on 2,999 Posts

Long painful sleepless nights are no fun but it's not permanent and it will pass - just keep telling yourself that. (no charge, I have lots of free advice)

Jerry, it doesn't sound like R&R is what the doctor ordered, so enjoy golf, working on cars, and the walks.
Lainey (07-31-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 09:03 AM

Well Dave it was the Doctor who ordered the cardio rehab.
At this point the car is just pissing me off. I don't understand why these stupid little bolts are being so difficult.
A little oxy-map torch heat a few times might change the story. Worst case I could have an buy an acetylene torch but I'll likely drill it out first.
The worst pat s it really isn't even a necessary part since the wheel will hold the rotor in place any way. The little bolt only keeps things aligned when you're changing a tire.
If push really came to shove I can TIG a nut onto it and get it off that way. I've always wanted a TIG welder.
of course I could always swallow my ego (but damn that's a really big gulp) and give it to a mechanic who makes his living doing this stuff but where's the fun in that.

but back to the Doc's orders. I have a blockage at an annoying threshold. it's big enough to be really annoying but not big enough to stent.
I also think I'm dealing with AFIB. Your basic garden variety anomalous heart rate which also falls into the category a downright annoying.
It all does keep 'work' in perspective.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Lainey, I would be tempted to tell her that I won't be calling her again, due to her irresponsible attitude. (plus she's an idiot)
Old 08-01-2021, 12:34 PM

Progress, at least the rotor is off.

I wish my garage ceiling was taller. I'd put in a lift but since it could only lift it about 3 ft it would be worth much.
The following 2 users liked this post by boltonblue:
dlq04 (08-01-2021), Kyras (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 01:11 PM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Lainey, I would be tempted to tell her that I won't be calling her again, due to her irresponsible attitude. (plus she's an idiot)
I did think of telling her I felt very uncomfortable with her vaccine status, but you can't fix stupid.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?