S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts
Default What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?

Sort of like Funniest Home Videos... what's the best prank you ever played on someone? You know, maybe you put saran wrap across the doorway and then called your significant other into the room. Or maybe you hid a fake spider in the cabinet where you knew your buddy was about to reach for his favorite box of snacks. Or perhaps not to be so devious or to scare, but to surprise in epic fashion... like maybe you hid an engagement rind inside a Cracker Jacks box.

Come on, DISH! I'll bet some of the pranks were played on someone you know right here in this forum too!

I might actually have a few stories for this thread if I can get my brain working again.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:40 AM

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,651 Posts

I don't think I've played a prank on anyone since I made my brother a cake out of Dichondra grass and Noxzema frosting.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:33 AM

Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts

We used to pull sh*t at a former place of employment on people's birthdays....

One time, I walked into my office, only to find the entire floor, desk, etc covered in styrofoam cups filled with water!

Payback on the culprits birthday (who foolishly went on vacation that week)... included going to every funeral home within 10-15 miles and getting all left over flower arrangements, and putting them in her office and closing the door.

When she cam back that Monday, she had to air out her office for quite a bit of time!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 784 Likes on 434 Posts

In college, our RA went home for the weekend. The door jams were recessed into the walls, so we took the opportunity to sheetrock over the door and painted it to match the hallway. We were all conveniently in the lounge when she returned to walk all the way down the hall only to realize she 'went by her door', and then to realize that her door wasn't there anymore.

Have also done the brownies from sytrofoam, but covered in real frosting for a cousin's birthday. We told him they were my sister's (a pastry chef!), so he dug right in. Even 20 years ago - ROFL!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Have also done the brownies from sytrofoam, but covered in real frosting for a cousin's birthday. We told him they were my sister's (a pastry chef!), so he dug right in. Even 20 years ago - ROFL!!!
We took a cardboard crate that a case of pop cans comes in and had a local bakery professionally frost and decorate it for my buddies birthday.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 AM

Received 3,792 Likes on 3,022 Posts

I put soap on my sisters toothbrush in retaliation for something she had done to me I don't remember what but I didn't take into account that she was taking Karate at the time. I still remember her coming down the stairs with that LOOK on her face and karate kicking me!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1: In my early teens, the family was watching a Hitchcock thriller on TV. A little more than halfway through the movie, I became bored, went upstairs to my mom's sewing supplies, took some mono-filament thread and rigged my slightly younger sister's room light to be 'clicked' off when her door was opened more than the 8-inch gap I left. I quietly went to my room and waited. 20-30 minutes later, my sister comes upstairs, pushes her door further open: 'CLICK', the light goes off. She screams in horrified terror like I've never heard before. I've also never heard my dad racing so fast through two first floor rooms and up the stairs. As he arrives at her side, my sister manages to utter the words: "There's a man in my room!" My dad's search revealed no person, nor did he realize that the thread, no lying on the floor, had been rigged on the light switch. From her first scream until my dad went downstairs, I was quaking, awaiting a good 'tanning' for my efforts, but I was never found out. I didn't say anything about this to either of them for over 20 years; when I finally did relate the story, they didn't remember.

2: If a kitchen sink has a hand-held sprayer on the end of a flexible hose that retracts, leaving only the handle visible, aim the sprayer toward the place someone would stand at the sink; use a fat rubber band or a heavy object pushed against the sprayer to hold the valve in the 'squirt on' position. The next time someone turns on the water ... (have done on several occasions in the past, but kitchen sinks don't seem to use this style of sprayer anymore).
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It was the lore of “Monster Road” when in high school. It was rumored that several couples narrowly avoided death while parked in the alcoves that the road provided. Something very large and sinister would approach the cars and heave them about while trying to enter within.

Feeding on this, three of my friends and I planned and orchestrated a late night encounter to hunt the monster with our schoolmates. Without a lot of detail my schoolmates were terrified but we were nearly killed or injured when the prank went awry and the “hunters” attacked with bats and tire irons.

gary
Old 03-21-2014, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was cleaning my blender in the kitchen and my girlfriend was brushing her teeth in the bathroom.
I yell to her that the mixing blades are sharp as hell and she just hums back.
After a little while i got this idea to a prank and sneaky pulls out a ketchup bottle from the fridge and put it all over my hand and arm.
I then make a ruckus pretending to drop the blender and scream while i run into the bathroom. My girl just drops her jaw and runs out into the living room panicing. I walk after her and then start to lick on my fingers and the look on her face is just epic. I can imagine the thoughts running through her head at the moment
I say to her that it is just ketchup and that i now know what kind of support she will be if there ever is an accident of the bloody kind
Old 03-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

This is really gross, and a friend did this, not me, but here's how to clear out a bar. Two guys walk into the bar, acting very drunk. Sit at the bar, first guy with his head down, hiding an open can of vegetable soup. First guy makes loud retching sounds, surreptitiously dumps contents of can onto bar. Second guy pulls spoon from his pocket and begins to... well you got the picture, I can't even type it. Guaranteed to work.

Quick Reply: What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?