S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?

Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 AM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
This is really gross, and a friend did this, not me, but here's how to clear out a bar. Two guys walk into the bar, acting very drunk. Sit at the bar, first guy with his head down, hiding an open can of vegetable soup. First guy makes loud retching sounds, surreptitiously dumps contents of can onto bar. Second guy pulls spoon from his pocket and begins to... well you got the picture, I can't even type it. Guaranteed to work.
SICK DUDE
Old 03-22-2014, 05:31 AM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

I was serving in the Navy stationed in San Diego. One night a guy in our unit had a hot date. He owned a MG and was getting ready for his date when me and a bunch a bunch of guys picked it up and placed it between a couple of poles. There was about 6 inches of space between the front and the back. He came back into the barracks looking for help in getting it out but everyone took off.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

^^ Love that! Ha!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

^^ reminds me in elementary school we picked up the principals VW and put it end to end between two buildings. In high school during assembly we let mice go in the middle of the auditorium. Girls screaming ended the program. Childish pranks. But funny.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'll make this one car related:

While driving back from a long road trip, my passenger started to fall asleep. Right as was sound asleep, I slammed on my brakes, screamed and put my hand out towards his chest as if holding him back into his seat (feigning I was trying to brace him as we're about to get into a collision)...

My passenger woke up screaming and terrified...I felt kinda bad to make a grown man scream like a girl-but it was so funny!!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Okay, so this wasn't a prank I played on anyone, but it started as a prank on me and ended up, well, you'll see...

So we had mostly all finished dinner (remember I'm youngest in a very large family so dinnertime meant a lot of people around) and the clearing of the table had sort of started. Two of my brothers were in the kitchen as I brought my plate in from the dining room. I couldn't have been more than 5 or 6, at the most. Anyway, my dad calls in from the dining room and asks for someone to bring him a spoon (now, he meant a teaspoon for his coffee, but he didn't specify). My brothers start snickering as they hand me a serving spoon. And they tell me, "Here's what you say..."

So the ever-trusting, smiling, curly headed little me heads into the dining room, proudly bearing the ever important serving spoon. And my dad laughs and says, "Why did you bring me a serving spoon?"

Me: "Because... it's a big spoon for a big mouth!"

Now, my dad had no sense of humor. I got a solid swat and a good yelling at for that one. So there I am balling my little eyeballs out, and my little arm goes up with a finger pointing into the kitchen.... "Bbbbbut, Pete and Tim TOLD me to say that to you. They said you would think it was funny."

You could hear a pin drop in the room.

For those of you who grew up in that era, you know what it means to have a "spare the rod, spoil the child upbringing." When dad reached for his belt, you just cringed. I don't think either of my brothers could sit comfortably for a couple of days after that.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:15 PM

And another one (I think the sibling video in the other thread got me thinking about these) featuring the father of little humor...

We are at my grandmother's place (Grandma Murphy, complete with Irish brogue!) for some holiday and I think I did something I wasn't supposed to do and was told by my grandma I couldn't play with some toy or something or other, and I was pretty danged annoyed with my grandma about it. Now, mind you, I would have been maybe 5 years old at the time.

So in classic Murphy form, I stood in the middle of the room and defiantly flipped my grandma the middle finger. BOTH HANDS! In front of everyone.

Shocked silence.

Finally I was asked by one of my parents (probably my mom), "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!!!"

me: "I don't know. That's what Patty does behind the door whenever Dad sends her to our room for being bad."

And Patty (my sister who is ten years older than me) was grounded for a month, I'm sure. Not that it made much difference. Poor Patty was perpetually grounded. She and dad were oil and water and those two were pretty much forever at odds over something.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks to all for the and

Can't think of my own, but maybe tomorrow
Old 04-04-2014, 10:52 AM

Received 4,954 Likes on 3,004 Posts

Good ones Murph.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:27 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

After one of our Brown County Drives I got to our hotel ahead of the others. At the front desk I convinced the clerk to tell Lovetodrive2000 (Mike) that he didn't have a room and the hotel was full (which it was). He turned three shades of red and was about the kill the clerk when I finally broke down and told him. I think to this day he still wants to hurt me.

Quick Reply: What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?